SAU Community

Solving M35 Hesitation From Standstill?

C-Red

M35 Humans,

Just wondering if anyone has come up with a definitive fix for the delay from the time the throttle is mashed in 1st gear to when you actually get full power?

Its always been a bugbear of mine with the M35s I've had and now I have one that I'm going to hang onto I want it to disappear.

I was thinking of a throttle controller of some description but I'm not 100% sure it will do what I want.

Many Thanks In Advance.

Jeff

Throttle controllers don't work, I have tried one. The throttle restriction is built into the ecu, and occurs when the brake signal pin is energised. It also latches for 3 seconds after the brake is released. You need to cut the brake signal wire to get 100% throttle, but this will eventually throw a CEL so you need to wire a switch across the wires also.

Do a search, there are a few threads on the throttle restriction and brake cut mod. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the tip guys. The car finally arrived today so once its complied the mods will begin. And yes its the car Marc would have been talking about. Still working out whether to RWD and 6 speed it or not...

Thanks for the tip guys. The car finally arrived today so once its complied the mods will begin. And yes its the car Marc would have been talking about. Still working out whether to RWD and 6 speed it or not...

I have 2 6 speed boxes here for the same reason, but I couldn't bring myself to ruin the car, keeping it awd is the only way. Why not drop a 33 GTR box in there? :)

that brake cut mod is awesome. you get CEL after about 8 days though if you install a switch and just touch the brake pedal CEL is cleared automatically. even just driving around town the car feels so much better.

that brake cut mod is awesome. you get CEL after about 8 days though if you install a switch and just touch the brake pedal CEL is cleared automatically. even just driving around town the car feels so much better.

Besides the cel coming on does it do anything else? I.e changing gearing retard timing ect?

Besides the cel coming on does it do anything else? I.e changing gearing retard timing ect?

Other than resetting the CEL every so often (there are ways to automatically circumvent this with some extra wiring), there is only good to be had from this mod.

If the cel comes on it cuts boost and fuel, so be aware if runnig and EBC or manual bleed valve.

Really? I found absolutely no difference on mine. However, I always reset the the CEL quite quickly. No idea what happens if left for 100's of km.