SAU Community

20S On M35

I'd agree.....but if your trying to get down to a decent sports profile and your starting rolling diameter was 55/18's what do you do? 35/20's?

Touche. You do have a lot of arch to fill. I was open to getting an AR-X, but the tan interior put me right off.

I believe that you can strike a decent balance between form and function. I'm not advocating a 215 on a 9, but a little stretch isnt a bad thing.

Touche. You do have a lot of arch to fill. I was open to getting an AR-X, but the tan interior put me right off.

I believe that you can strike a decent balance between form and function. I'm not advocating a 215 on a 9, but a little stretch isnt a bad thing.

yup I agree....tan interior is shit! My interior is black though....so I haz winz! :P

Don't like stretch at all....I like sidewall....then I can play with tyre pressures! I need all the traction I can get.

I have to say the 245 40 19's on mine ride just as well as the 215 55 17's they replaced if they are any harsher it's is not noticeable but I put that down to the Bilsteins. I can really notice the lateral handling improvement with the extra tyre on the road. My 2 c.

yup I agree....tan interior is shit! My interior is black though....so I haz winz! :P

Don't like stretch at all....I like sidewall....then I can play with tyre pressures! I need all the traction I can get.

Stretch has the gaids.

Anything under 8.5" wide is not even a worthy upgrade IMO.

And if your into handling, make sure your 20's are not Tempe tyres/ taleb tyres / ozzy tyres specials.

Stuff I could cast a better circle in my daughters sand pit!

Better have bucket of lead to balance the suckers to.

Really a well made 19" is the performance limit.

Anything over your adding to much Unsprung weight and tyres will cost you a heap.

Just my 3 cents

my 20" rims (Advanti racing) with tyres are 3.6 kilo lighter per wheel than the original 18" wheels that came from the Autech factory.

And yes whilst tyres can be expensive I can get Pirelli P-Zero Nero's that come out stock on a Porsche GT3 from factory for $420 each so you get what you pay for really.

(note: I couldn't see the point in paying that much for a tyre that's going to last half as long as my Phi's that are made in the same factory as Michellin's that handle beautifully for a fraction of the price)

also no balancing problems whatsoever

Im sure 18 x 9.5 with some decent offset, camber coilovers and fender love would suit nicely.

20" tyres are not in the world of performance.

19's are too pricey to be chewing through on the track all the time. Thus 18's appear to be the more optimal cost effective choice.

Yes 20's aren't really common in the performance range but there are a few on the market that can fit in that category like the Initial D rims (cant remember brand) or my advanti desires all though they look more of a luxury type wheel. Also not to mention R35's come out with 20's and the before mentioned Porsche GT3, yes they are not a directional tyre but that doesn't mean its not performance.

that's why I have the 20's for street and my stock 18's for the track which will be replaced for light weight track rims at a later stage because you can get proper performance tyres for that size.....

• Like 1

Love how these threads always get a little out of control. At the end of the day people all like different things. I my self run 19x9.5 +22, perfect fitment for my ride IMO. I also run a 225 40 R19 which most would not like but suits the look I'm going for perfectly.

post-83066-0-37687300-1365414751_thumb.jpg

Love how these threads always get a little out of control. At the end of the day people all like different things. I my self run 19x9.5 +22, perfect fitment for my ride IMO. I also run a 225 40 R19 which most would not like but suits the look I'm going for perfectly.

Oh mate that sits perfect.

Thats exactly what i am after.

Being the odd size that it is and not having a bottomless pit of money I went with Kuhmo KU31's. They do the job OK, little noisy at times but because of the odd size it leaves little choice with out spending HUGE $$$