SAU Community

Recomendations For Clutch 260Rs

Am wondering if anyone has any advice what clutches to look at. i have a s1 98 autech stagea with currently 260hp at the wheels and wanting to go to about 350-400hp. its a daily drive and i also tow my boat with it. occassionally when i get bored i do helicopters in it aswell. currently it has an exedy single plate that i am not real satisfied with and its starting to slip. i am looking at the nismo twin plate and am wondering if anyone has used it in their stagea and any recommendations of other clutches.

I've got the Nismo twin in mine - massive overkill for my car because I'll probably never use it to its full potential, but the clutch is so nice to use and it's quiet (none of the usual multi-plate rattle). It's far from cheap, but I highly recommend it.

I had an Exedy in mine and it lasted me 10 months... Fail - especially since I'm mechanically sympathetic and very rarely thrash my car. I think while I had it in the car I did one drag day at WSID (8 runs in total) and a few (maybe 3?) Texikhana skidpan days.

I run a single plate 6 puck clutch made by extreme also running lightened fly wheel clutch is fine to drive easily handles the 450+hp I'm running even launches nice and hard

I (with the help of fellow forum member run-it-hard) bpught a Nismo GMAX II twin plate (model before the copper mix) for around $950, the thing is just about brand new. Good clutches can be expensive (RRP on new coppermixes is huge, even from Japan), but if you have the time and patience, check out yahoo Japan for a bargain :-)