SAU Community

Jerking When You Give It R33

nardo-R33

Hi guys I just did a serves on the car oils filters an spark plugs when I drive it after felt like is was jerking when you put ur foot down. Could it be the spark plugs cause I put spitfire sparkes in it they have 2 sparking points on them.

Help please :(

I changed the spark plugs I put spitfire twin sparks but the car sounded like it was missing so I put the other plugs that came with the car back in an it was fine for a few day not missing then its started today. I think it's the coils but not sure wat u guys think ?

what gap were the plugs you put in, and what gap were the ones you took out? if you aren't sure, what part number were the ones you put in?

running plugs with a smaller gap can help with misfiring if your coils are weak, which most are on skylines these days if they are the original ones (given how old they are now). most people run plugs with a gap of 0.8mm to help with misfiring. the stock gap is 1.1mm. so if the plugs you bought have a 11 at the end of the part number then there is a good chance they are 1.1mm gap plugs and are showing that your coils are weak. if your old plugs were only the 0.8mm gap then that would explain why it ran better with them, but if they are old then the gap has probably grown a bit and is up around 0.9 or 1mm.