SAU Community

Tyres For V36 Coupe

Hi everyone, I have just recently imported a v36 coupe type SP and the car is finally here in Auckland. It has just gone through compliance but unfortunately, they have failed the tyres saying that while the thread is good, there are some inner wear and crack.

My import agent is now trying to find replacement tyres for the car but is struggling to find a set of 225/45/19 for the front.

As such, he is now suggesting me to go to a slightly wider tyres.

Basically he is suggesting this:-

Front - 245/40/19

Rear - 275/35/19

I read in a separate post that it is also ok to put same size tyre at the front and back.

Have anyone tried the above tyre size or used the same size tyre front and back?

Please advise! Thanks!

I am not too sure as well. The car is stuck at compliance and I can't really go see it for myself so just listening to the import agent's comments. He believe that the tyres will fit. They managed to get compliance to release the car but not with the registration forms so will need the tyres replaced before I can get the car registered.

I am not too comfortable with widening the rear tyre by 30mm really as I am not too sure what it will do. Just worried that the tyres will scratch the body everytime I go pass a bump!

At this point I am thinking of going with just the same tyres both front and back.

Anyone else who is using the same size tyres for both front and back? Does this affect the car's performance? I am not going to use the car on the track so it's more a day to day drive most of the time with the odd time when I just want to push the car abit more.

Please advise and thanks for the help!

On a V36 coupe's 19" OEM sport wheels, you could run up to 245/40 and 275/35 with no issues. Had these sizes in Dunlop SportMaxx for two years. They were nice but got too loud towards the end of their life, didn't care for it though because the car was too damn loud anyways haha.

Why run same size tires on staggered wheels?

Edited by G37Sam

Thanks Sam!

That's good to hear as import agent said without looking at the car and tyres, he was not too sure if the new set will fit. Those front 225/45 tyres are just a mission to locate! I have been searching high and low.... I can find some pirelli ones but they don't come with matching 245/40 for the back! :huh: And they cost quite a bit too! $600+ each!

At this stage, I will probably go with Nitto Invos.... from the reviews online, they seems pretty good.

I can see merit in both using just 245/40 front and rear or switching to a 275/35 rear..... so will have a good think about it. Ideally will want to stick with a staggered setup which is what the car was suppose to have but just note about 0.95% diameter variance at the front and 0.52% variance at the rear which seems to be below that 3% safety variance.

Hey Geoff, don't think there is much 235/40 around.... closest I have seen is 235/35.....

At this point looks like it's gonna be 245/40 front and rear or 245/40 front and 275/35 rear..... :ermm:

Yeah.... those pavements are scary!! Saw a clip on youtube the other day on a guy saying it's almost impossible to avoid the alloys scratching for the g37. At least I will have the side camera to help....

Anyway, anyone else with different tires measurements used? At this stage from what I see, changing the front to 245/40 is causing quite a bit of speed variance (apparently 0.95% slower). The back going to 275/35 seems ok.... would seems that 255/40 instead of 245/40 gives a better speed accuracy and diameter variance.

Anyone has tried a 255/40 front and 275/35 rear before?

Hi guys, just to confirm, do u guys need spacers for 245/40 front and 275/35 rear? Apparently the tires arrived n my import agent is now saying the front need a smaller profile.