SAU Community

Does this bother you?

How crazy is this?!

I know the new xr6 turbo has been brought up before but with power like this its probly going to dominate all!!

BA Falcon Turbo

10.9 second quarter mile

405kW ATW

12-injector manifold

Standard turbo

Tweaked auto trans

Completely streetable car

http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/A_2144/article.html

-----------------------------------------------

And the new FPV Typhoon:

Being released end of 2004

Turbo-charged 4.0-Litre DOHC 24 valve 6 Cyl.

Max Power: 270kw @ 5,250rpm

Max Torque: 550Nm @ 2,000 to 4,250rpm

http://www.fpv.com.au/swf/f6typhoon.htm

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it :rofl:

Altho ide be a little :D at a 10.9 from 405 Kw at the wheels

Besides their weight, and lack of sports car looks, there pretty cool

-10.9 was done on slicks too

It still amazes me how advanced japanese engines are, the XR6T is a 4.0 L turbo.

Making 250kw.

GTR engine is only 2.6, and is very close to 250kw, even tho its stated to be 206

Bring on the new GTR! 300kw from a 3.2L :aroused:

"It still amazes me how advanced japanese engines are, the XR6T is a 4.0 L turbo.

Making 250kw.

GTR engine is only 2.6, and is very close to 250kw, even tho its stated to be 206"

You’re comparing a motor that has been in production for maybe a year to a motor that has been around for how many years?

Development takes time and dollars. Because a motor makes xx hp/ci, doesn’t make it more technologically advanced than another. Otherwise a 350 chev would be one of the most advanced motors when it comes to hp/ci.

Upset at 10.9 from 405rwkw? Who cares how much power he made. It’s a brand new ute and it ran 10.9. Bloody good effort.

Looking on the bright side of things, I'd bet my chances on NOT getting pulled over in the XR6 T Ute, than if I were in the Skyline. But can the XR6 take corners?? Either way, apparantley these ford straight sixes are awesome, I have a mate who's building one of these in a 64~Mustang, they're plan is to get Low 10's, and hopefully in the RH-Nines.

I've driven a BA XR8, and it actually cornered a lot better than I thought it would. But even with 240kw or whatever it is (it was stock including suspension), it felt like an absolute slug power-wise due to the excessive weight.

If someone gave me a 10 second XR6T, I wouldn't complain. I'd even drive it proudly and stick a baby seat in the back :D However, that doesn't mean I'd ditch the Skyline or even swap my car preferences. I don't care if the Falcon had twice as much power as the Skyline, it just can't make up for style.

It will be interesting to see how long modified XR6T motors last for. If the motors last “forever” then good luck to them making big power.

All of a sudden aussie car bashing goes quiet because of a turbo…….

"It still amazes me how advanced japanese engines are, the XR6T is a 4.0 L turbo.  

Making 250kw.  

GTR engine is only 2.6, and is very close to 250kw, even tho its stated to be 206"

You’re comparing a motor that has been in production for maybe a year to a motor that has been around for how many years?  

Development takes time and dollars. Because a motor makes xx hp/ci, doesn’t make it more technologically advanced than another. Otherwise a 350 chev would be one of the most advanced motors when it comes to hp/ci.

Upset at 10.9 from 405rwkw? Who cares how much power he made. It’s a brand new ute and it ran 10.9. Bloody good effort.

they dont just throw an engine together, it would have been in development for years.

the point is that the rb26dett came out in 89 (could be earlier) and compared to a new age engine that is supposed to be the best new technology it still matches up while be a smaller capacity. same for the 1jz and 2jz. therefore it goes to show just how far ahead the japanese are than the rest of the world. also that that an engine can be in production for 15 years and still be one of the best around.

How crazy is this?!

I know the new xr6 turbo has been brought up before but with power like this its probly going to dominate all!!

BA Falcon Turbo  

10.9 second quarter mile  

405kW ATW  

12-injector manifold  

Standard turbo  

Tweaked auto trans  

Completely streetable car  

http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/A_2144/article.html

also that doesnt look like a std turbo to me.

from all that ive heard the std turbo is quite small.

im probably wrong but i cant imagine ford building a top mount turbo on their cars

People (after market tuners) have only had the engine to play with/modify for 12 months. Like you said, RB26 came out in 89. Many more years of aftermarket tuning have gone into it. How much off the shelf gear can you buy for a RB26 compared to a ford turbo motor? Combinations are well documented for rb26’s you know what works and what doesn’t. With the fords, its never been done before. Nice effort I think.

Im not bagging the rb26, just pointing out that this guys work is a great effort.

the xr6 turbo supposbly has one of the biggest stock turbo's to come out of the factory.

heres a link to a phase kits for the xr6 turbo. the phase 3 runs a 10.98 sec @ 124.87 mph

there making a phase 4 kit soon.

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/falcon/xr6turbo.htm

they run a GT40 from the factory, quite large indeed.