SAU Community

Calsonic R32 Gtr Replica

JimmyRickard

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there.

32's come out looking pretty cool. Be interesting to see where the forged engine can take it. Keep up the solid work.

Also bit late new if any, regarding rims. But did you ever look at Impul R5 rims? I used to have a set on my Zed and i was super impressed with how light they were. Should never have sold them to be honest. Look like this...

Dsc00865.jpg

Edited by Sanouske

Oh wow I thought they were called Impul RS (not R5). I had zero luck finding anything nearly as close as the rims I got and even those were difficult to source.

You definitely should've kept them!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update. Broke front diff on the dyno :(

We have a problem with power being delivered to the front 50:50 and cant change it no matter what we do, ie disconnect pump etc

Feels as though it is mechanically locked in 4wd, at rest when the car is on stands you can roll the rear wheels and the fronts turn is this normal?

car looks tits dude

in regards to rebuilt motors

first rule of gtr is dont let the "nissan" out

once the nissan has been released they never last long

just ask duncan

IMO, based purely on observations thats because its very hard to rebuild an engine thats as well balanced as a good stock motor out of the factory. I've been in a few stock engine GTRs and a few rebuilt motors and the 2 or 3 rebuilt ones Ive had contact with all feel like they have bad vibrations and balance purely from a mechanical point of view, nothing to do with the tune, and I say this because even when you rev the engine to say 4000rpm and kill the engine it grinds to a halt like a tractor engine. Thats purely the momentum of the parts coming to a stop.

I knew a guy that had the stock motor, his car ran smooth, did a full rebuilt for some reason or another and afterwards the engine ran very coarse coarse. I think the vibrations just cause so much more friction and stresses on components that you end up spinning a bearing or breaking a rod or scraping the cylinder wall from piston slap etc. I'd rather have a 500hp well built and tuned stock internals motor than a 700hp fully rebuilt one.