SAU Community

Advan Performance

Benny123r33

Yeah he showed me coz the reason I wanted to get it looked at was because my knock sensor on the dc controller was hitting 60 the other day so that's the main reason I wanted to check the tune he showed me where it was leaning out and hel fix it all up two of my other mates had a power run today and told them that there tunes were both spot on

60 knock isn't that high, RB knock sensors reads all sorts of bullshit LOL... if it's 60 on full load up a steep hill etc.. I wouldn't worry too much

What about 90 knock on full boost at about 6000rpm? Not sure why its happening, I cant find my maps on my computer to look at it now. Not sure if spend money or just pull timing my self.

What about 90 knock on full boost at about 6000rpm? Not sure why its happening, I cant find my maps on my computer to look at it now. Not sure if spend money or just pull timing my self.

That needs to be checked...

Pull timing and boost out of it

friend of mine took 3 different rb30 heads down there to get them rebuilt and prepped for an upgraded set of cams they stated and i quote

"the heads are cracked beyond repair"

at which point they refused to return them stating the damaged heads had been disposed of.

the last head that was taken to them was a known good head and the second only had minor wear if there were and cracks they could have been welded i am unsure of the condition of the first

WTF? please tell me you got something back from them?

do a map trace on the controller and see what cell it is landing on, then map that back to the ignition table.. sometimes your car loads into cells that never get loaded up on dynos..... most tuners will trim off 5 degrees on heavy load cells that are not in use just in case you hit them, but there are some tuners (1 from my experience) that disregard that and up a hill you fall into those cells and pow.. 100+ knock..

I'm going to setup my car soon and self tune it, I trust no tuner out there that would do a good tune and not rip you off. There are great tuners out there, but fuark me.. their prices are just crazy. Considering most of them just re use a map from a car with similar mods and setup the injectors & latency to suit then just spent time trimming the ignition and injection tables and make $1500 from you.

Fair enough I understand it's a business and it's intellectual property..

I just guess from 2 bad experiences with "paying" tuners to tune something I learnt myself in over a year.

I'm going to setup my car soon and self tune it, I trust no tuner out there that would do a good tune and not rip you off. There are great tuners out there, but fuark me.. their prices are just crazy. Considering most of them just re use a map from a car with similar mods and setup the injectors & latency to suit then just spent time trimming the ignition and injection tables and make $1500 from you.

Fair enough I understand it's a business and it's intellectual property..

I just guess from 2 bad experiences with "paying" tuners to tune something I learnt myself in over a year.

+1 well said

Ive got everything I need to tune my car, its just the knowledge and the location to do it. How do you determine what is the best fuel map for your car? The timing part, I assume you'd just start low and go a little more, checking knock in each cell but its not always about raising timing until it knocks. If I knew enough, I'd tune my self but for now, its risky. I can spend my time editing the tune I have to make it a little safer, but starting from scratch is a different story for me :( Wish I had my own private track.

WTF? please tell me you got something back from them?

friend has since dropped the issue and has refused to chase advan this was his first experience with modifying a car and it has turned him sour on the whole idea

he has since slid his project into a garage and bought a commodore

friend has since dropped the issue and has refused to chase advan this was his first experience with modifying a car and it has turned him sour on the whole idea

he has since slid his project into a garage and bought a commodore

fark that blows.....

Alright, everyone will have different experiences with different workshops, and hence when these kinds of threads pop up we deliberately don't let them continue.

Let me remind EVERYONE that it is against the forum rules to post negative feedback against ANY business or entity on the forums here. Threats and attempts have been made to pursue litigation against the owner of the forum for defamatory posts, and we cannot allow that to happen.

The forums are provided to you to use free of charge, but it does cost money to keep it going. A successful litigation against the owner leads to loss of funds towards running the forums. Loss of funds leads to no more forum... Geddit?

Please read THIS: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/228238-read-this-whos-the-best-tunerworkshopresprayerdetaileretc/