SAU Community

Nitrogen Leaking From Tyres?

2FA54U

Has anyone had a problem with nitrogen leaking or anything I had mine done a month ago and I had a warning light come up so I've had them filled again and it hasn't even been a week and my lights come on again. What do you's think it would be? I hope it's not the tyres they are pretty much new not even 5000kms on them

If it's one tyre, a nail or something.

If all tyres are doing it....average temp drop due to winter?, as even nitrogen expands and contracts too due to temperature, just not as much as the usual plain 'air'.

It will be a slow leak. I had the same problem with one of my tyres. If you have runflats it will usually mean a whole new tyre depending on the where the damage is and if the tyre place will be willing to repair it.

Jason, that sounds strange.. What pressures are you running them Cold ? I run mine around 32PSI cold, and i have noticed all the tyres have lost approximately 1psi over the past 7 weeks. (Could be colder climate).. But to lose pressures to the point of Low Pressure on the Dash indicator after a week doesnt sound right, Have you manually checked the tyre pressures to see if the Pressure Monitoring system was right there is a low pressure problem ? If tyre pressures checked via Gauge is OK, you may need the TPMS sensors reset, which i believe is a something you need the Dealer to do ..

I'm going to get it checked tomorrow and when I got my first warning light on I checked had all the tyres checked and most were around 29 and 28 then one of them we 26 and they were pumped to 32psi... I recently had them set to 31 just last week so it will be interesting to see if its the same tyre which was low last time... Also lets say it was a tyre that's damaged am I better off replacing the 2 or just the one?

Jason, unless the tyres are very new, you should always replace Tyres in pairs (Ie: Front Pair or Rear Pair ).. If you dont , you may end up with different grip profiles with a new and worn tyre from left to right, and you also have differing rolling circumferences which may put further strain on the Diffs.

But you should get the Dealer to really check whats going on with the Tyre thats going down before making any changes.. (It could be as simple as a faulty valve)

Yeah I thought so it says in the manual to replace all 4 if any are damaged for even wear I just bought 2 rears and it cost me $1260 delivered to my door not bad but pretty dear for the damage of one screw :(

Jason, didnt see that in the Manual.. Hey 2 new Rears for $1260 is a great deal, did you go for the Dunlop OEM's that were on the car when you got? Where did you get them for $1260 a rear pair ? Tirerack ?

• Like 1

Nah I have the bridgestones on mine and I looked at getting the dunlops but old mate says they are heaps dearer and thought I may as well stick to the same brand I ordered them from Tempe Tyres the other place quoted me just under $900 each so about $1700 for the pair so I'm saving at least $500. Next time I need tyres I will probably get a full set of the new bridgestones the R2's