SAU Community

Sau Vic 2013 Motorsport Championship Round 4 - Sandown Saturday 25Th Of May

ssxRicho

Great battle with Neil, spose him and his cheater 340kws is a bit unfair but you pull him right up on the corners!

Was fun to try anyway haha

SAU certainly does well at the top of the timesheets but not everyone can lap in the teens, this is my best effort from the day

Enjoyable day, if a bit rushed between sessions due to only 4 groups. Unfortunately the only breaks to proceedings were due to some offs.

SAU certainly does well at the top of the timesheets but not everyone can lap in the teens, this is my best effort from the day

Enjoyable day, if a bit rushed between sessions due to only 4 groups. Unfortunately the only breaks to proceedings were due to some offs.

There are plenty of us that won't ever be at the top of the time sheet, but we sure as hell have fun trying :)

Love the new camera angles JP.

The diff comes out tonight, I'm interested to see wtf is going on in there.

I would love to know aswell. Does it only happen when the diff got warm, or only on particular corners?

I would love to know aswell. Does it only happen when the diff got warm, or only on particular corners?

All corners, all laps.

A better way to explain it is...like a crazy monkey operting the handbrake as you apply power.

Sounds scary... at least you have some talent to fall back on. If they guy under my bonnet starts doing crazy things, I can't see it ending well

All corners, all laps.
A better way to explain it is...like a crazy monkey operting the handbrake as you apply power.

I've seen that occur before, Rich, the issue ended up being caused by the bearings on the spider gears in the diff seizing due to a lack of oil and the oil in the diff failing from overheating, so that when the diff was under load in a corner, the spiders moved out of alignment and wedged in the case, causing inconsistent load to go through the wheels.

Here is a few of my laps, first time @ Sandown can't wait to go back with some more grip and bigger balls!

And a harness! That's got some decent power.

And a harness! That's got some decent power.

yeah it seriously boogied down the straight... :yes:

Is it normal to use second gear that often or is that an sr20 thing...doesn't even get 5th down the straight.but still cracks 210.... :blink:

yeah it seriously boogied down the straight... :yes:

Is it normal to use second gear that often or is that an sr20 thing...doesn't even get 5th down the straight.but still cracks 210.... :blink:

That would be the shit aussie diff ratio.

Drop a 4.11 in there and it will be magic.

That would be the shit aussie diff ratio. Drop a 4.11 in there and it will be magic.

Yes its ADM SR20 so final drive ratio is 3.692, 4th is maxing out @ 210-220kph. Due to brake issue I was also trying to be smoother from a bit earlier so might as well hold on to 4th along both straights.

Also boost/torque curve is not really ramping up till 3.5kr so don't like dropping below 4k unless you had a long corner exit where you have the choice for higher gear spooling up.

Looking at an LSD so just need to recheck speed/5th gear rpm at PI before determining if I go to hassle of changing a final drive, speedo reset, higher rpm cruise to non melbourne events etc, sits on just over 3000r @ 110kph