SAU Community

Gran Turismo 6

Occasionaly I pull out the old PS2 & throw in GT3, just to drive the 20B JC Cosmo & 12A turbo S1 RX-7 they used to have in the game. Why they junked them & put more MX-5's......only the Japs know. Maybe they believe the world goes up & down, not round & round!

• Like 1

Maybe they believe the world goes up & down, not round & round!

yeah i'd pay that.

GT3 criticism: improve AI and menu system

GT4 criticism: improve music and AI

GT5 criticism: improve sound, music, UI and menu system

GT6 criticism: improve sound, music and AI

did anyone take advantage of the 20 million glitch in version 1.01, i was about to update and thought i would gave a look to see what the update actually did as i just wanted to have a race then and there, lucky i did as now i'm 20000000 richer...one thing i cant stand is having to grind races to get cars and GT6 was looking like some epic grinding was going to happen given how stingy they are with the prize cars.........anyway thought i would mention it incase anyone hasn't updated yet.

Edited by Gza36

I'm with Warps. GT6 can stop trying to call itself a simulation. If you put racing slicks and a brake upgrade on a fiat, it will not do forward somersaults in downhill braking areas (eg at Bathurst Forest Elbow). Also, if you put slicks on a porsche it will not go into a slow motion roll over if you touch a ripple strip at high speed. "Simulation" my arse. GT6, your new physics model is a POS!

lovit!

i built my car in gt6

IMAG2291_zps6f9f10a1.jpg

also in the description GT brings the truth

IMAG2296_zps400449c5.jpg

c066d7a3-9f1f-418c-9337-c5b838bd4510_zps

I'm with Warps. GT6 can stop trying to call itself a simulation. If you put racing slicks and a brake upgrade on a fiat, it will not do forward somersaults in downhill braking areas (eg at Bathurst Forest Elbow). Also, if you put slicks on a porsche it will not go into a slow motion roll over if you touch a ripple strip at high speed. "Simulation" my arse. GT6, your new physics model is a POS!

It is a game, sounds like someone needs to ease off the throttle a little... :P

I've done a couple of the seasonal races. the one with the Hudson was interesting. I'm pretty sure the online record is about 7 seconds faster than the gold time. the gold time wasn't a walk in the park (I only beat it by half a second), so how they found another 6 seconds is beyond me (although I haven't looked at any replays of their runs to see if they have found some way to improve the times)

It is a game, sounds like someone needs to ease off the throttle a little... :P

that's right, it is just a game. perfect for a boiracer :P

forward somersaulting cars and slo-mo rolls in a porsche with slicks are not minor little things in a "Real Driving Simulator" that's been making a big deal about its new physics model.

It's the worst GranTurismo by a long way. Stupidly easy in races and licence tests, way too much grip factored into every tyre, really poor modification modelling. It's little more than an arcade racer for 12yo boys now.

that is a gross exaggeration, most complain about mass understeer.

If you can't drive and are doing flips and shit, thats your issue. plus I love the personal attach on my name...which is obviously very serious. :P

Warps, the FWD model is now very good. But gravel still blows the proverbial goats.

driving physics...not crash physics. the damage and crash model have gone a bit backwards, I assume because they need to scrape every bit of proccessor together to get the game to run smoothly. I've noticed a few things that seem a bit strange or wrong...but not enough to have a rant and complain about how a PS game isn't real enough. I'd love to see a 12 year old throw a car around the Nurburgring whilst using a decent rig.

this isnt a comparison thread.

No mate, it's a criticisim of the driving physics, not the crash physics. Fit slicks (Racing Hard) and racing suspension to a Porsche (RUF RGT) and touch a ripple strip at the apex of a high speed corner and it goes into a slo-mo rollover. That's the quality of GT6's driving physics. I can't say I've ever seen a porsche demonstrate that tendancy int he real world. Nor the forward somersaulting Fiat with brake upgrade and slicks. Again, that's the driving physics. But by all means, when I see the Fiat Arbarth 500's doing forward somersaults at the next Bathurst 12hr, I will retract the scathing criticism of GT6's physics model. Until that happens, this is unquestionably the least realistic version of GranTurismo. There is no exaggeration in that, whatsoever. And they are just two of many examples.

Edited by hrd-hr30

boiracer - don't get me wrong. As I have stated before, I've enjoyed playing the GT games (GT3, 4 and 5) for what they are. I know they have always marketed the series as the definitive driving simulator (or something like that). No problem - I'm not gullible enough to swallow the marketing blurb. However, when forum members start claiming that the physics are "realistic" I take notice.

The stuff that Harry mentioned is exactly why I don't consider GT a proper sim. Those issues in themselves are probably not enough to stop me wanting to play the game. However, it's all of the little things that add up, like the FWD and gravel physics (previously mentioned), unrealistic tyres overheating (GT5 sucked for that!!), slicks being faster in the rain than rain tyres, the way you could man-handle the car with massive amounts of steering lock and throttle application and not pay the price, cutting across grass and not losing grip, bumping other cars out of the way to gain position, the stupid AI and much more. Any one of those things in isolation wouldn't be a problem, but when you add them all together it just detracts too much to keep me captivated.

Have had lots of fun playing GT3,4 and 5, but they all seem to be slight iterations of the previous releases without enough new content to make it worth buying. Maybe Gt7 on PS4 might be enough of a leap forward to make me want to spend. Shall wait and see (my son is harassing us to buy a PS4 - I keep telling him to get a job and buy it himself)

Oh, and they need to fix the clutch glitch in GT5. It misses gear shifts if there's even the slightest amount of wheelspin. How well do you think that works on gravel?

Edited by warps

harry, I tryed to replicate your flipping Abarth.....no luck. dodgy crash or not, your hitting things that hard that a SIM would just pronounce you dead. I love my RUF and my VW's, both of which need suspension love before driving well. Most other expensive cars drive best with stock suspension (but where's the fun in that)

Warp I know what you mean man, but as far as im concerned GT has always been like this and thats why I continue to love it. It is not a SIM, and with a good wheel that becomes more and more apparent. But for a Console you cant beat it.

For me it's the perfect cross between SIM and Fun. the ability to drive hundreds of different cars, around 32 tracks and more than 70 layouts cant be topped :) Having said that I'm already 60% through GT6, too soon!