SAU Community

Stolen - Silver R33 Gtr Series 3 Plates "97-Gtr"

Spring&WateR

I doubt you will see it again it took 5 years for my brothers gtst to turn up and in ended up in Adelaide when some poor bugger tried to register it. Police called my bro and he called insurance who didn't care anymore and I'm sure it wasn't the guy trying to register its fault but buyer beware and he clearly didn't do his checks and it still amuses me the insurance company had no interest in recovering it even though they had paid the policy out. Moral to story, thieves steak car wait a few years then they can own it lol!

everyone car was found half stripped in ambervale - coppers said they are going to tow it back and give me a call back in a couple of days

Good result in the end mate hopefully nothing is damaged too much!!

How do you feel??

everyone car was found half stripped in ambervale - coppers said they are going to tow it back and give me a call back in a couple of days

so close to ur home yet so far.. hopefully the cops found the people red handed with the car as it was.

unfortunately for you being half stripped the cost to replace it all may outweigh the policy and the car ends up written off :(

Because your not going to get new things like engines and seats etc so really I wouldn't know if id want it back

Yes, can you tell us more as news filters through please?

And for the sake of other SAUers here, is there anything you would have done differently to protect her?

I know the following is 'after the horse has bolted' but SAU Execs have organised a Tech Night in November to be held at Carbon Car Systems.

Found at a house - coppers had a search warrant for the place, tow it back to some police facility for forensics

Will keep you guys updated as news comes in my dads going to go and see if he can inspect it today and sus out the damage.

Invest in GPS tracking / more of a premium alarm...

He will probably only get a slap on the wrist like in most cases. If by some chance you find out who it is I think a slap on the wrist with an axe is in order.

That is great they found it! Hope the missing parts haven't gone far.

In regards to Terrys post:

Any car can be stolen, you can only slow them down unfortunately. Alarm, tracker, club lock, etc. (This means installed properly)

However (sorry) parking a performance car at a train station is asking for trouble. Not to mention Campbelltown is in the top 10 suburbs for theft...

Not having a go just saying probably not best idea. I live 10 min from a suburb with a higher theft rate :( so I am pretty paranoid about where I leave her and not to have any regular patterns.