SAU Community

Davis Craig EWP

Roy

So i know how it works...its just that the only person i know who has even ran this setup had cooling problems when at Oran Park...not sure if its a setup thing or more of an application thing.

Anyway next week im looking to put on an electric thermo fan, and tempted to put the electric water pump on as well, as my currrent one has 80,000kms on it and it needed replacing at 90,000kms.

So anyone wiht experirences with the electric water pump, and maybe even give me some feedback on the Davis Craig electric fan they are running?

i think my waterpump is dead also and need a new one this sounds like a good option do u know what the benefits of having these are Roy? Know how much these things cost?

Cheers

(Sorry 4 the hijack!)

Joel had overheating issues with the Electric thermo setup in his 32. Same with a mate of minew with a vs ss. Both of em put all the stock gear back on and have had no problems since.

dunno bout the EWP though....no chace of failure is there??

The early EWP had some reliability problems. I don’t know what they are like these days. (everybody that got them didn’t use them again after they died). Not sure what the RB motors need in terms of CFM flow, but the Davies crag EWP could not pump enough cfm for a Holden V8. It pumped nowhere near as much as a belt driven pump. No worries if it’s a drag car only, but if it’s a streeter……

Hi Roy, we use a DC fans on the race cars, but they all have large PWR radiators. They never go slow in stop, start traffic with the air con on either.

mmmm, sounds like i should be sticking with the crappy viscous fan then.... so its the application more then the installation.

Toying with the idea of new radiator, but its the sort of thing that i dont want to spend the money on if its hold coolant temperatures at an acceptable level.

Just trying to get rid of some of the inertia on the engine, water pump, fans, pullies if ican find some...anyone tried RB26 pulleys on an RB20 (Or more RB26 pulleys be used on an RB30DET?) Just lightened and standard drive ratios

Id always assume the parts on the rb26's are better (no bias here :)) Id assume their all the same arnt they? RB20 one has 3 ribbed belts, but rb30 is different though with 1 v groove in the centre.

Interesting though i noticed when my motor was being balanced they took a bit of material off the pulley (rb20 one on rb31det) must be out of kilter after being 10 years old...