SAU Community

Ford

At the holden dealership i went to with my dad when he was on the captiva (i think) buzz they had 3 cars on display that were over 100k on road. I should have specified on road. Some people dont account for transfers etc. but still alot of coin for car imo.

The VF gts i think is going to be brilliant. 430kw, 700+nm plus the fact that holden want to cap the price at 95k is going to be interesting. I think they will sell like hotcakes and that will surprise many people.

I pretty sure they have a gearbox upgrade too and throw in some other options and good looks and all of a sudden the c63 vs VF gts choice becomes a tough one. A step in the right direction considering what your paying.

The VF promises to be potentially the best locally made car ever, especially in the HSV range.

Typical union bashing and incentive deriding comments, first of all, Australia does not protect its car manufacturing to anywhere near the degree that most other countries do (because ALL countries support their car manufacturing - it is in their interests to do so for a number of reasons.

I can't comment for later model Fords, but Holdens VT onwards have held up really well given that most of them have been treated like pieces of shit from new. Jap imports are about equal when it comes to build quality and relative values (i.e a R33 GTS-T is worth about as much as a VS SS LOL).

GTS will be <100k on road, and looks like it will have some serious potential. As for the comments about the costs of HSVs in general, lately it's been common to see Clubsports at around the 50k mark brand new. Around 40 for the SS.

It's a bit of a shame Ford / FPV didn't do more promotion about the supercharged GT - minimal upgrades and you're pushing 400rwkw

Edited by bozodos

If I am said idiot, the hyundais I have experience driving are I20, I30, Elantra I-max and Santa Fe Highlander RE2.2.

The highlander has the most k's at 100,000 and the interior is now shithouse, seats are uncomfy and you can feel the head rest stems in ur back when u put ur head back, which u want to do as the head rest sits at an uncomfortable forward angle.

The I models are terribly underpowered, the sterring and brakes are vague at best. They all seem to have between 40,000-55,000km. One of the Elantras has a transmission problem that hasnt been fixed in the 5 times it has been taken back. Its an auto and extremely clunky in and out of 1st.

Just some of my experiences with Hyundai. Not an opinion based on what someone else has said or typed on the net. But actual real life experiences. The cars have reverse sensors and/or cameras. Some have sat nav that doesnt work properly and the radio on the santa fe is either on mute or a level that u have to talk over.

The Corolla is Australias number one selling car... Right behind the Mazda 3. It is however the worlds number one selling car. I had a 2011 model and didnt like it. This appears to go against your opinion/experience which I see you dont like. Again. Sharing an experience.

The Fords we own are great so far although they are still pretty new. I hope they stay that way but early impression are much better than other cars mentioned.

Just thought to point out that I'm not comparing a new car against one with 40,000+km. I test drove lots of cars before making my choice and it seems the cheaper cars, Hyundai and Kia etc load the cars with features simply to get them out the door. 90% of cars are pretty good when new but after only 40,000 k's you dont want to be driving something crap.

Edited by FordyR31
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

This week, it was "Remembrance Day" that Ford made the announcement that FPV was going to be "retired".

They tried to sound optimistic that the XR8 would be the new flagship for 2014.

11/11/13 was a day that curtailed any flack against Ford until late afternoon, quite some time after Remembrance Day memorial services.