SAU Community

Inspecting A Gtr34 Next Week, Thought I'd Say Hi.

rip_riley

Hi everyone,

From Perth, owned a VX SS with a T51R SPL until I sold it a few months back, and had the chance to buy my dream car, a 34R, so I'm looking at inspecting one next week sometime.

White, Vspec, with 101k, from Radelaide. Might be seeing you all around!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• You're not getting an exemption. They say it is possible, but in practice you will be bleeding out your arsehole by the end of the process (and still not have it).
    • So you’re saying they’re plastic junk like every other car these days
    • The F80/G80 are pretty close, just don't bottom out/scrape on anything substantial because all that's protecting the oil cooler from puking 7 quarts out is a crappy piece of plastic they call a skid plate. Not unusual to take off the covers and discover that the whole cooler is bent and needs replacement.
    • I had been led to believe BMWs were out of the box race cars 
    • Yes, in the case of the F80 it's basically such that air from the front of the car that would want to bypass the radiator/charge cooler/condenser stack is instead forced down through the oil cooler and then ducted out the bottom. It's definitely annoyingly complicated and not that simple. Power steering also suffers from similar problems, the factory "cooler" is just some fins attached to one of the hardlines running along the subframe and it's not really good enough to keep the fluid from boiling/out of the reservoir under track use.