SAU Community

Forced Performance Hta Turbos

Sorry people this was the link I forgot to put into post number 76 . Check out the pics of the machined port shrouding in the GTX2867 compressor housing .

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/490300-A-tale-of-two-turbos-OR-Sneak-peak-HTA2868-vs-GTX2867

Though it would be better than this , cheers A .

Edited by discopotato03

Not sure what I think of the GTX2867R and HTA2868, both very high flowing compressors for the GT28 hotside - probably not bad things, but the GTX2863R kindof excites me more when looking at the match to the turbine, and also the flow for it's size - given it is a legit 44lb/min turbo with only a 63mm exducer. Like the other two turbos, I don't really feel any of them have much of a place on an RB unless perhaps you are slugging it out with an RB20. The only place for GT28 turbines with RBs is if you are putting two of them on, imho.

The HTA3071 would be a lovely beast if response is your first and foremost target - a .82a/r twin scroll one would pretty much be craziness :D

Hmmmm i am back in NSW and it looks like i have some reading and catching up to do! Also better chase up the PDF's with the dyno plots so we have a better idea of what the turbo does down low on paper....

The guys I know who have done TS ones have got the housing separately from a Garrett supplier - so if you can get one without turbine housing for cheaper, or arrange that either FP get one, or get supplied with one from Garrett and fitted? There is a "Other options available.." option on the page.

The guys I know who have done TS ones have got the housing separately from a Garrett supplier - so if you can get one without turbine housing for cheaper, or arrange that either FP get one, or get supplied with one from Garrett and fitted? There is a "Other options available.." option on the page.

so i can just use a any GT35 TWIN scroll housing?

The guys I know who have done TS ones have got the housing separately from a Garrett supplier - so if you can get one without turbine housing for cheaper, or arrange that either FP get one, or get supplied with one from Garrett and fitted?  There is a "Other options available.." option on the page.

so i can just use a any GT35 TWIN scroll housing?

Yep, it is essentially a normal GT3582R with an upgraded compressor side

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

sweet Fullrace has some TS units ill have to enquire with FP and see how much they are willing to selling their compressors for without housing.

Ooh do it :yes: just remember the surprise import tax from UPS man

sweet Fullrace has some TS units ill have to enquire with FP and see how much they are willing to selling their compressors for without housing.

I'd make sure they are the new Garrett TS housings, ATP ones aren't the best for longevity.

Also, make sure you make your query to FP clear - that question above reads like you might just be asking for the compressor wheel whereas I am guessing you actually mean the full turbo, less the turbine housing?

My mates Evo has run a few twinscroll HTA Turbos.

HTA3582R with 1.06 A/R Rear Housing - Made 450kW
HTA3586R with 1.06 A/R Rear Housing - Made 500kW

Difference is about 2-300RPM in spool.

The HTA3586R is the BEST all round forced performance turbo you can buy unless your running really big boost like 40+psi. But under 40psi, the HTA3586R will be more responsive and make similar power as the HTA3794R's.

I ALMOST went to a HTA3586R. But just didn't due to $$ that I was spending elsewhere on the car..

My mates Evo has run a few twinscroll HTA Turbos.

HTA3582R with 1.06 A/R Rear Housing - Made 450kW

HTA3586R with 1.06 A/R Rear Housing - Made 500kW

Difference is about 2-300RPM in spool.

The HTA3586R is the BEST all round forced performance turbo you can buy unless your running really big boost like 40+psi. But under 40psi, the HTA3586R will be more responsive and make similar power as the HTA3794R's.

I ALMOST went to a HTA3586R. But just didn't due to $$ that I was spending elsewhere on the car..

I think he is looking for something to be able hit that 400+kw with optimal response, not so much 500kw - the GT3586HTA (yep, I have a mate who has also run both turbos in twin scroll - as well as a normal GT3582R) did definitely make a fairly noticeable difference to low down response. It is exceptional for the power it makes, but if you're "only" going for around 400kw it is overkill.

I know the comparison you are talking about regarding the 3586 vs 3794 - imho that is showing a bit of a lack of either consideration or proper explanation by the person who made that claim. That testing with on a Mitsi 4cyl which don't breathe like the engines we'd talk about on this forum, his motor wasn't choking on the 3586HTA by 40psi which is why he deducted that the 3794 wouldn't be worthwhile unless you went over 40psi. An RB25+ with cams/headwork odds are capable of moving more lb/min of air at a given pressure than that engine and as such you're definitely likely to hit that choke point where the 3794 would start showing it's worth at quite a bit lower boost than that - a mate maxed his out at around 25psi on an RB30 with 272deg cams (still making >500rwkw with ethanol) and I am certain a 3794 would have taken him further at that boost.

• Like 1

Well given the HTA3076 was out of puff on an RB at 28psi and tests have shown it run at 40psi on an Evo motor (You might have the Link Lithium?) it shows a fair difference?

I reckon the HTA3076 is the best all rounder for an RB that is street driven with track in mind, i would love to see where the HTA3582 would take my car but too be honest rolling in 3rd gear with the 265 RSRs and squeezing the throttle resulting in wheelspin and hard acceleration is enough for me :yes: Its SO much stronger that the old GT3037 and just kills it everywhere in the rev range! I think going above the 390kw is useless in a RWD application unless you are going to drive around on drag tyres and dont want to turn corners :P *Cough cough NYTSKY cough* :P

It's a shame he didn't provide the boost plot, I doubt it is holding 40psi to redline at all- it peaks at 39.8 and going by the curve is probably dropping from there, so it is effectively "all in" with a TiAL housing on E98 with a high compression 4G63... so best possible result probably.

Turbo39psi102111.jpg

Well given the HTA3076 was out of puff on an RB at 28psi and tests have shown it run at 40psi on an Evo motor (You might have the Link Lithium?) it shows a fair difference?

I reckon the HTA3076 is the best all rounder for an RB that is street driven with track in mind, i would love to see where the HTA3582 would take my car but too be honest rolling in 3rd gear with the 265 RSRs and squeezing the throttle resulting in wheelspin and hard acceleration is enough for me :yes: Its SO much stronger that the old GT3037 and just kills it everywhere in the rev range! I think going above the 390kw is useless in a RWD application unless you are going to drive around on drag tyres and dont want to turn corners :P *Cough cough NYTSKY cough* :P

Is it possible that the turbo tapped out early (as in max boost) due to exhaust restrictions???

It's a shame he didn't provide the boost plot, I doubt it is holding 40psi to redline at all- it peaks at 39.8 and going by the curve is probably dropping from there, so it is effectively "all in" with a TiAL housing on E98 with a high compression 4G63... so best possible result probably.

Actually, I was more reffering to the tests that English Racing have done. They much prefer the HTA3586R. Just more drivable on street, and power isn't too far off the HTA3794R... unless they really push huge boost.

On a bigger motor, designed for more rev's the HTA3794R should just make MUCH more power. The 4G63 just isnt made to rev like the RB26. It has a long stroke, and it is designed for rally use... (ie low down torque and response... NOT high power @ high revs).

Is it possible that the turbo tapped out early (as in max boost) due to exhaust restrictions???

Based on other results..... Nope, dont think so!

No worries. Thought I would ask the question! :-)

You know if there were more wasps to be found, Adam would have found them :P

In saying that, my exhaust system is not ideal BUT it was running the screamer to get the numbers :yes:

You know if there were more wasps to be found, Adam would have found them :P

In saying that, my exhaust system is not ideal BUT it was running the screamer to get the numbers :yes:

I still reckon with a higher flowing exhaust it may have made some more killerwasps - though it was clearly getting near it's limit so not likely to have been any miracles :)

I still reckon with a higher flowing exhaust it may have made some more killerwasps - though it was clearly getting near it's limit so not likely to have been any miracles :)

You just want 400 :P