SAU Community

Nsw - Pplate Turbo Restrictions

Jjonezy

its quite easy for you to get out of your above suspension. The restrictions are placed on a specific license the same as a things like requiring glasses are.

Your license had no turbo restriction on it.

Sounds like you may have not communicated with the police officer in a nice enough manner/were doing something else apart from "just driving".

I do not hoon.

I do not drive irresponsibly due to being in several car crashes when I was young.

I was doing the limit, random RBT, I was completely cooperative, when the cops started trying to defect my car and I provided engineers reports, they started going ape shit at me saying I was being un cooperative and producing false evidence.

Thus fined me taking no regard for my licence or car.

You reckon 9 points even on a turbo on NSW p's is a legit fine?

I don't.

Last I saw it was 3 and 3 month suspension.

Either way, I wouldn't have won in court due to the cops standing between me and the cruiser, thus no legitimate footage backing my side up.

He was whinging about how he could be home with his kids instead of defecting "hoons" who were driving in rather decent traffic and had stayed in the same lane for 20 minutes.

Said my car was against NSW regulations, etc, even though it was engineered in NSW.

Tried to defect on height, wheel width, minor rust, slightly loose wing mirror, damaged window seals and a "dim" number plate light.

I was in the right and have done everything right by the NSW and W.A police force.

I got boned by an angry cop and was told not to pursue it by multiple lawyers.

I got hit with a 2000+ dollar fine list.

And as I had a NSW address the RTA issued me the points even though I had obtained my licence in W.A and had only changed my mailing address to NSW, not home address.

Actually in NSW I thought it was something high like 7 or 8 points with the ability to dish out a point or 2 for defects as well?

On one of those police shows last night a motorbike rider on his P's got done at least 6 points for riding a bigger bike than his license allowed.

Something really isn't adding up with your story if you do in fact have a WA license.

I am calling the RTA today to have them explain to me about why I got the points. I understand the fine side of things even though thats a friggin jip. I wanna know why I got butt humped. Ive never driven like a tool. I spend money on my cars. Im even to scared to hit the track because of the Money involved.

I dont think anything can be done now. But Id lik to know what was going on. Ages ago now. Going for my greens here in NSW in the next two weeks, which means no turbos for me, already got an NA scooby anyway. Finally physically moved here a month and a half ago, so not going to drive anything more powerful than my scoobaru for the next two years. :-\ my story is all true. I really need a permanent dash cam from now on.

Hey guys, I'm a p plater from Tas.

I own a 300zx twin turbo, my state has no restrictions regarding turbo cars.

I'm moving to nsw but I wanna keep my car and bring it up. If I keep tas plate and tas licence until I'm off my p's, are there any legalities I should be aware of? I can understand the cops will probably pull me over either way, being a p plater and driving my car (cop magnet) I'd just like to know if there's any grounds for them to fine me or if its illegal for me to drive my car up there?

Cheers, JJ.

I'm not permitted to recommend doing anything illegal; and I believe that if you're living in NSW after moving from interstate, you have a time limit (possibly a month) to re-register your car with NSW plates.

Its actually 3 months for both the licence and the registration

You never moved to NSW, you are in NSW visiting friends.

I know people from VIC who have driven around in NSW for years without changing their license or rego. Hell they even got their rego stickers sent to their NSW residence.

Also with TAS plates they will leave you alone unless you do really stupid shit.

Sure, it may fool a lazy copper, but there are too many available databases for police to check your movements. Banks, rental bond, phone etc etc. Its a short amount of time back at the station to get all the information they need. The vic rego thing is an anomaly with vicroads allowing them to be mailed to NSW residents.

You only have to adhere to the license restrictions that apply to your license in the state it was issued. i.e. if you can drive a turbo car in TAS on a TAS license, you can drive a turbo car in NSW on a TAS license. You can even have the car rego'd in NSW and it will be legal.

Correct. Your licence conditions are what count. Tas licence safe. NSW licence not safe.