SAU Community

Stolen: R32 Type-M Hornsby

RBMunkie

Stolen two weeks ago.

Cops haven't done ANYTHING.
No parts have come up for sale recently.

Rego: AJ70XK.
Parts sellable:
C BR series coilovers.
Big brake calipers.
FULL 3 inch GTS-T exhaust.
GTR diff.
FMIC.
Whiteline Sway bars.
Cusco Strut braces.
All other parts are normal GTS-T parts.

Pic:
536841_555798237798555_1493847753_n.jpg

If anyone has seen it in the last week or two PLEASE tell me.
Cops are not doing anything.
Not insured, and rego ran out last month.

Possible has a shattered bell housing due to being in gear when stolen.
No glass or anything was found, alarm wasn't tripped so it was lifted and towed, as alarm wasn't vibration sensitive, just door set.

Thanks everyone.

hmm interesting.. saturday night I watched a tow truck pull up infront of my car at 1am sit there for a min or so and then leave, was parked on the road in turramurra

Still convinced that towing a car without notification is some form of theft. Having said that though - is there an onus on towing companies etc to notify the police/RMS that they have your car? I'd assume so, otherwise how are you meant to find it?

Still convinced that towing a car without notification is some form of theft. Having said that though - is there an onus on towing companies etc to notify the police/RMS that they have your car? I'd assume so, otherwise how are you meant to find it?

exactly! doesn't someone have to call the towing company to notify them of a car to tow? or do they cruise around all day looking for cars to tow...? therefore, if someone told them, then that someone should also tell the owner that they've been towed!

Council will send you a letter (to the cars registered address) and sticker the car with a notice of intention to remove. If you dont comly within the time they remove it. Well thats what happened to my 180.

Council will send you a letter (to the cars registered address) and sticker the car with a notice of intention to remove. If you dont comly within the time they remove it. Well thats what happened to my 180.

sounds about right.

theres a car literally a coupke of houses down from a mate, that has an unregistered hyundai lantra sitting there.

has been for approx 1yr(very quiet street).

other day went past, had a notice sticker on the windscreen.

Hornsby is very strict one day in the street no plates they used to spray a big x on the door then next day gone, don't know what they are like the th op had his Gtr on street and got heaps of car wreckers cards left on it so its a pretty active street is call the council

Nope wasn't towed by council.
Already went to the yard, it wasn't there and no notice has been issued to that plate.

It HAS been stolen, and the reason I assume shattered bellhousing/gearbox is due to rather large shattered parts left on ground of said items where it was sitting.
Guy across the road says two guys were nosing around in the the week it was taken late at night and were looking at my GTS-T, the GTR and the guy down the road's Celica.
Lucky I moved the GTR inside the Garage on the wednesday as it had no plates and the alarm wasn't working.

SOOOO lucky for that.
Glad it was the GTS-T, not the GTR.
But at the same time completely upset due to it being a car I paid for, and enjoyed.

:(

Cops wont do anything because of this reasoning:

I quote:
"We can do nothing to help you retrieve your stolen vehicle as the vehicle was an illegally owned vehicle and therefor being an object you obtained illegally, we cannot legally return it back to you."
Last time I checked it was only illegal to DRIVE a turbocharged vehicle on P plates, not own one.

Lazy f*$%ing c*%#$.

This country continues to appall me.

I wish it had just been the council.
I'm seriously hating this.
8,000 bux down the crapper.

If they had stolen the GTR and the cops told me in person they would do nothing to retrieve it - I'd be in jail right now.
I pay my taxes and thus pay for the things they do, I should have a right to TELL them to obtain my vehicle back for me, not ask.

Ah well, crap happens.
Life continues.

If anyone sees it on the streets or parts of it up for sale, please tell me.
Parts listed in first post.
And it was metallic black, not just black.
Left door had two dents on the swage line, drivers side had a scratched up front edge due to rubbing the bent guard.
FMIC was a cheap one as far as I know.
Has the Aerial front window.
Had HICAS lockout bar. Don't know brand.
EDIT: If a black rolling shell pops up, the rear quarters were brand new, the blend of the paint was CRAP, and the left front sill is crumpled, rest is straight.
I don't have the vin on any records either. :-(

I know not much of this helps, but if stuff matching that pops up please tell me.

Thanks guys, I hope I can get at least some of it back.
Some is better than none.

MORE PICS OF SPECIFIC PARTS TO LOOK FOR:
63512_555798407798538_629734896_n.jpg
527014_555798231131889_826059678_n.jpg
522092_554535511258161_1048029092_n.jpg
Momo steering wheel, horn is the two dotted pads beside the main centre piece.72971_554535504591495_646789561_n.jpg
Hard pipes and strut brace (has front and rear).

Edited by RBMunkie

I lost ALL the paperwork for the GTR too.

Is it still possible to register it due to being regoe'd before?

Or am I up shit creek without a canoe this week?

Is it already under your name?

If so goto the rta and get a set of papers

If not lol..

That explanation from the police astounds me.

Property is property. Licensing laws are not applicable!

Gah, I could go on, but it would be a rant. Meanwhile down the road in the same concil area, two cars sit illegally across from me barely ever moving in a council reserve. Anything done? Nope.

Tommmay

i asked around some mates thismorning and a couple said I could go to the RTA and retrieve a copy of the disposal from the last owner. Sign a stat dec and get it signed by a JP. As it was last regoed in NSW amd within the last five years I should be ok. But I had the full japanese histoy for the GTR and everything. Nothing is going right at the moment. :-(. Ah well. I didnt plan to sell her anyway. Lol.

Back to the GTST. Someone said it was sitting just north of hornsby in a housing area in a culdesac, so im gonna go check that out thisarvo.

This country continues to appall me.

If they had stolen the GTR and the cops told me in person they would do nothing to retrieve it - I'd be in jail right now.

Honestly, why do people talk like this? Sorry for your loss (if its legit) But no way in hell did the cops say that if they are referring to P plates & no way in hell would you "unleash" if they stole your GTR.

If the cops said anything near like that, then there is more to it. IE: Its stolen.

I actually would go beserk. Nothing for the last month and a half has gone right for me and its starting to eat at my nerves. :-| that was the officers explanation. My car was all 100% legal. No stolen history or anything. I think nsw police just hate me for no reason.

Ok, my girlfriend and I are at the police station, apparently what the cop told me I "mishead" - anyway a full report has been filed on the vehicle and I was given a lecture as to why I shouldnt be driving a turbo vehicle etc. When I explained that I had bought it to make a legal profit and that I had been suspended once before the officer told me the best they could do was put out a message for rolling officers as the rego had run out they couldnt go and get it because it was no longer in anyones name, therefor whoever holds it must own it. So there we go. They have a proper reason. I misheard and now they are doing what the can. Okey dokelz. We'll see what happens. Betcha they find it in bits or wrapped around a pole.