SAU Community

Rb26 Id1000 Fitment

Hi All,

I just bought a set of ID1000's for my 26/30 and it looks like the nozzle on the standard injector goes a fair bit deeper into the injector port than with the ID1000. Has anyone machined out the injector port to get the nozzle down closer to the inlet?

Cheers,

Shane

Nope, just chuck them straight in.

You'd have to machine down the posts on the manifold as well to allow the rail to drop lower.

You try it, if it works we'll all do it!!

As long as the Oring seals it should be fine, are you using the square section Orings?

Can you get a pic showing the difference? The Xspurt kit I sell bolts in perfectly on the 26 but the ID kit had a few issues apparently.

The only issue with mine was the size of the rail adapters. Some people source the 11mm adapters, I just got mine machined down. Only cost $20 and didn't have to wait for parts.

I e-mailed Injector Dynamics and the reply is below:

The ID1000 has a narrow spray angle, 5 degrees included, so a small difference in the tip depth won't really make a difference in the end.
If it were a wide cone then depth could have a big affect on where the fuel lands, but not so much with a narrow cone.
Makes sense so I've gone ahead and fitted them.
Just to clarify, I had no fitment issues with the ID's, I just thought they sat high in the ports. Looking at the design of the XSpurts, they would also sit high in the port.