SAU Community

One year plan.

Hi guys,

I thought I would start a thread and tell you what ill be doing with my 97 gts-t spec 2 type m skyline in the next year.

I won’t be doing any major mods to the car really; I just want a nice looking road car that can size up when it needs to. I started off by adding a 3 inch dump pipe to the already 3&1/2 cat back (also a hks air filter). Next ill be adding a profec e01 boost controller and large front mount and at the same time replacing the front wing. Then some 18" rims are on the cards. That should leave me with a nice quick car that looks nice and pretty :). After all that I will probably 2-3k worth of audio in.

I was planning to drive this around for a year then sell it and buy a 98-99 r34 gt-t or a 93-95 r33 gtr.

Then start the mod process again, although maybe more heavily then my first attempt.

What do you think of my idea?

sounds like you have lots of money to waste!!! :)

save your money, buy the right car the first time and do all your modifications once.

half the time people spend too much money picking the right car for them whilst the other half of the time the car is spent in a workshop being worked on - where do you find time enjoying the car!?

buy the right car for you and your budget, plan your mods and enjoy the car. cars are meant to be driven. they werent supposed to be sitting in a garage. :headspin:

well from that list of mods it wont realy be off the road for that long..

Dump pipe & FMIC can be done in a day....

boostcontroller... no idea.. proly a few hrs

replacing the front wing??? whats a front wing? front bar?

have you got pics of what it looks like now?

R33 GTR's are 1995-1997 but that of the topic hehe.

I agree that you should sell the 97 GTS-T, take the 10k? your gonna spend and invest in a 95 R33 GTR which ya could probably have on the road through an importer for 34-36k.

Just my 2 cents,

Bepo

you're better off buying a car with modifications already done to it. it is well known that you never get your money back on modifications when you sell the car again. so why buy a car and do it up, where the modications you have listed can be found commonly amongst most lines. either add mods, keep the car for a long time, or save your dough and get the sweet gtr.

I reckon that if you can afford it skip the R34 GTT and goe straight to GTR. The amount of stamp duty that you will lose to the govt alone buying 3 cars over 20 grand would be in the vicinty of 3+ G's.

Thus purely on a not funding the govt for no reason i vote fot the GTR.

yeah I forgot that they made 32's all the way up to 95.

I wanted to do the mods to the gts-t so its enjoyable to drive while i have it... but i want to sell it before it lsoes to much value.

might not even bother with mags and stereo and just got the ebc and front mount put on soon and get a new front wing/bar what ever its called put on at the same time.

I reckon that if you can afford it skip the R34 GTT and goe straight to GTR. The amount of stamp duty that you will lose to the govt alone buying 3 cars over 20 grand would be in the vicinty of 3+ G's.

Thus purely on a not funding the govt for no reason i vote fot the GTR.

but r34 gtt't's are better than r33 gtr's :D