SAU Community

Went To The Drags Last Night

ecl

1st time at the drags and definately first time in the GTR. It was at the Race4Real event at Eastern Creek.

Had 3 runs. First 2 runs, I had it in R mode and it didn't click to me that I had to have it with VDC off. Only managed a best of 12 seconds flat :unsure:

Last run, turned VDC off and ran a 11.2. Should have a bit more as launch was rushed and definately wasn't 100%

Will be back next week and hopefully crack flat 11s/high 10s

Car currently has 360KW atw. Midpipe, Catback, Intakes and Tune. Also running 275 and 335 tyres.

1st time at the drags and definately first time in the GTR.

Only managed a best of 12 seconds flat :unsure:

Man I'd be happy with a 12 first time.

I think 10.99 you need a cage?

Good effort though :)

What year model is yours and my best run was 11.24 I own a 2011 only had k&n panel filters and all in R mode. I now have a mines midpipe and am going to eastern creek next Wednesday also looking at getting a Ecutek tune as I watched a clip of there BOTL (boost off the line) and it hooks up really well instead of bogging down that tiny bit on launch 60" times were smashed from standard launch

This is one with VDC ON lol

Here is one with VDC OFF

You guys running Auto mode or Manual mode? I only had one run with VDC OFF in Auto mode. I will try VDC OFF and manual mode next week.

This is one with VDC ON lol

Here is one with VDC OFF

You guys running Auto mode or Manual mode? I only had one run with VDC OFF in Auto mode. I will try VDC OFF and manual mode next week.

Lol i dont think Vtec kicked in yo for the honda ;)

It gets off the line so well though! Good work... Looked like a quiet night there?

Yeah, was quiet. But very slow. A few of the ealier cars kept spilling liquids on the track which put a stopped to things for a long while.

Yeah a bit disappointing... Was that what caused you to only have 3 runs?

domino_z, was that run with you on E85 or before?

that is my current state of tune - e85 @ 420 awkw

that run was vdc-r lc5 @ 4000rpm irc - i have around 5 diff maps at varying launch rpms from 2500rpm to 4500rpm

ive ran in auto and manual mode, auto is slightly quicker but iirc i grabbed 2nd myself on that run as it just spun too much in 1st

i'd love to be able to go run after run trying diff techniques, but early this year it was just far too packed and far too hot waiting in line - i could prob get a tenth more out of these tyres by modulating the throttle in 1st, but it'd be easier just to put my stockies on the back and chase maybe 2-3 tenths

i use my lc with vdc-r otherwise it's just too much wheelspin on these yokohama v103's. i will upload the lc5 vdc-off next time i go with my stock tyres as ill have a fair bit more grip

this was the first time we went at start of the year

temp was rediculous - the wait time was around 2hrs per run and we were cooking with no shade and high 30s track temp

my fastest run is at the end of the vid, 10.9 with aircon on max because i was dieing by the time i got to staging

What were your 60" times Domino I was getting 1.856 at 127mph 11.24s are any of you's heading to eastern creek on Wednesday night it would be good to see a few more down there rather then just mine

I'll probably go again this coming Wednesday. Should be quiet as State of Origin is on I think.

Awesome I'll see you down there I will be there with a few mates in there Evos and that's what I was thinking so hopefully we get a fair few runs I've never had a run at night only through the day when it has been really hot and humid so it would be interesting to see if if makes much of a difference :)

I took the GTR out for the first time on Wed night and was a little disappointed not to crack a 10 sec pass. Best was 11.05. Mine's also got 360awkw's.

The main issue was the launch. I'm also getting 1.8 60fts, but these things should be doing heaps better surely. I get high 1.5's in my 2 tonne barge (5.0 supercharged FPV with 420rwkw's).

I'm guessing I need to fiddle with the launch control? It seems to hesitate just for a split second on take-off at the expense of a good 60'.

ATM launch I've got LC5 flashed in.

Any advice guys? Heading back out to Willowbank on Saturday arvo.

Been reading on NAGTROC

They recommend using comfort mode and to decrease tyre pressure to about 28psi

I had several runs and was also told to have comfort mode on but noticed that I was getting better times with all in R mode and I had 31psi last time and went pretty good... You still going there Wednesday night?