SAU Community

I hate the drift hype!

To be honest i have disliked drifting since i first heard of it, even to a point where i was getting real annoyed at HPi writing too many articles to do with it. I now accept it and can enjoy watching it if its being done properly but it is the hype that f*cks it up. Everyday i hear a mate say "look at those drift wheels" or "thatd be a mad car to drift in". Youngn's are even planning there cars (and even older guys) by how good it is at drifting (which most of the time is just a reputation anyway). Id prefer to watch a well setup car get some good lines around tsukuba and break some lap-time record personally. I even know of a group of guys who spend nights 'drifting' the streets, which is soo dangerous it aint even funny.  

I'm glad though that the feelings are generally mutual, at one point i thought i must of been the only friggin person that didnt really get a kick out of all the drift hype. In the end each to there own i guess, but drift aint for me.

I agree, I love watching it a hell of alot, love seeing it done properly, but hate doing it, my 25$k skyline isn't worth wrecking for drifting. The thing that kills it for me is every retard thinks because you have an import its a drift car. I once got into an argument with somewhen when they told me to wind up the boost of my skyline and do a drift, then I plesantly told him he was a fat ****er and to piss off and skylinea arent meant for drifting, this later got out of control and this dude went to the trouble of stalking me every time he saw me and told me he was going to shoot me with a glock, true story, but luckily everthing was sorted and things are now cool, this person's partner is on this very forum, but i wont name names. What also pisses me off is every idiot thinks that when you get sideways out of a corner its ' drifting '. Most poeple dont know what proper drift is, hell I probly dont but atleast I know you have to be sideways going into the corner rather than going out, any fool can get sideways going out of a corner... I think why its skyrocketed is because it can be and is being done anywhere, wherever there is a corner of a street a drift can be done, and thats why everyone is trying it, Unlike track racing or dragging you dont need a propper venu to do it compaired to drift. I know alot of poeople up here who ' drift ' the streets and thinks its the cool thing to do, some of these people are my friends who are on this very forum and to them I say this, when you **** your car I will do nothing but laugh at you, reality allways wins.

My 2c.

Mat.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest INASNT

They even had so called drifting at the easternats this year, and their idea of drifing was coming into a corner and snail pace and then mid corner flooring it and hanging the ass out for a whole second and then slowing down again and doing it again and again!!!

yeah.. good point about the skyline too.

If i was building a "full sik" drift car the last thing i'd be using would be a $20k R33 skyline. Replacements parts/panels/engines/etc too expensive for a start, nevermind the fact that you have to spend a fair whack on them to even get them to suitable drift level. Even then they'll probably going to be half assed compared to a S13

Most of the skylines were build as road going cars that would be fairly track capable - hence "RB" (race bred). That meant they are designed to take a corner and stay on the road, not lose traction.

Some people are real retards, trying to make cars into things they're not really designed to do well.

rofl 1st time i seen this thread... i should visit this section more often :(

munkeh - U GO GIRL!!!

typical aussie way to do it... grab a growing trend and go about it in the wrong way.

rofl 1st time i seen this thread... i should visit this section more often :D

munkeh - U GO GIRL!!!

typical aussie way to do it... grab a growing trend and go about it in the wrong way.

most people are uneducated and dont know there is alot more than using your mums ss commondore and getting it sideways and calling it drifting...

:Bang:

I wouldn't be so quick to down play the Skyline as a Drift car as Top Secert has a R34 GTR D1 car.

Haa haa ha!!! :bs!: That's the funniest thing I've ever heard!! A D1 R34 GTR!! What a load of crap? Why the hell would they make a R34 GTR a drift car? If anyone has any info or pictures about this car, I will believe it then, but until I see pictures I'm not going to believe this for a second!!!

Most of the skylines were build as road going cars that would be fairly track capable - hence "RB" (race bred). That meant they are designed to take a corner and stay on the road, not lose traction.  

Off topic, but RB does not stand for "Race Bred". It's just a model name. Do you really think an RB30e is a Race Bred engine?? I think not....

What the hells that got to do with anything? Are you just another one of those guys that has a very singular view on vl drivers just because you've seen a few dickheads get around?

God damn..

Edit: On another note, I agree completely with idiots going a touch sideways around the corner and then all of a sudden "Did you see me drift!!"

Have to admit though asian drift Guys can drive, its not so much watching them going sideways around a track, moreso watching them go sideways around a track door to door with another guy, or.. on different instances when doing touge runs etc.

They are professionals, young kids in their cheap little silvia's aren't.

Well Top Secret might not have an R34 D1 car but Blitz certainly does...

Typical ricer with bling bling chromies and neons

That's a GTT, not a GTR.

Typical ricer? What ricer has 468ps?? Rice typically means all show and no go. If your car has that much power, it is acceptable to have a bit of "rice".

RB doesn't stand for anything, it's just a model name. What does FJ or VG stand for?

most skylines used in japan are 4drs like that.... seen heaps of R32 4drs used for drift cars... i think ive seen more 4drs than 2drs in all those DVDs.

:D

RB - Really Bute

VG - Very Great

FJ - Shitty old holden

:)

In every jap document on the RB series engines (including the RB Carby engine) I've ever read there's no mention of any "Race Bred". RB is simply the code for "Inline 6". I think this RB myth is based on fans wanting to associate the RB engine with the race cars it featured in dating back to the R31.

That's a GTT, not a GTR.

Typical ricer?   What ricer has 468ps??  Rice typically means all show and no go. If your car has that much power, it is acceptable to have a bit of "rice".

Don't they have sarcasm in Geelong?

Anyway, so neons are rice on a 100hp Lancer but not rice on a 468ps Skyline?

Hmm so what is the cutoff, 300hp?

How much power do you need before you can have fluffy dice, 500hp? :headspin:

broken ignition barrel? wtf?

Note to lunatics driving around circuits, thrashing around sideways (we really need an OZZIE term for Drift) , even driving around on the road. Dont have 10 work keys, 5 home keys, 3 car keys, bottle opener, plus misc key rings hanging from your ignition barrel, the jiggling around wears out the barrel.

If had to sit in the pits with my helmet on so noone could see my tears and hear my wimpering, as i missed the last 2 sessions at Eastern Creek because i couldnt start the car because the barrel packed it in :)

In true redneck, hillbilly form, we should call drifting good old "thrashn" :)

Yeah, keep your car keys seperate to everything else ;)

Drifting is cool :) Powerslides are cool :) Handbrakies are cool :) I love the sensation of a car going sideways :) I love to see cars going sideways :) Sideways is cool :)

But not on public roads. Too many people, cars, gutters, signposts :)

In every jap document on the RB series engines (including the RB Carby engine) I've ever read there's no mention of any "Race Bred". RB is simply the code for "Inline 6". I think this RB myth is based on fans wanting to associate the RB engine with the race cars it featured in dating back to the R31.

I'm glad we finally put that one to rest. Hear ye.

(I remember when someone used it as fuel in a RB vs SR argument)

I'm glad we finally put that one to rest. Hear ye.

(I remember when someone used it as fuel in a RB vs SR argument)

Another thing too... I can ASSURE you, the Japanese guys at Nissan who designed and R+D'd the RB series of engines wouldn't know (or even care) what "Race Bred" meant. They're Japanese for christs sake!