SAU Community

Best Ad I've Ever Seen For A Gtr

A hilarious read -

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-1999/SSE-AD-2116709/?Cr=10

"Born in the reign of Akihito, BNR34 was the last son of a great warrior family.

Older brothers include the muscular R32 who made his name ripping the heart from the 90s Touring car series. Second brother R33 fought in a higher weight division & never rose from his brother's shadow.

When R34 was born, enthusiast attention was focussed on lesser Japanese families & Noble Europeans. But R34's father, Watanabe had a vision to stun with a supercar baiting son, trained in the Bushido way, dressed sharply & with improved manners. R34's 1st breath was a raspy snarl that grew angrier as it rose until it snapped quiet at 7,200rpm. R34 immediately went hunting Europeans on the Nurburgring & dismayed many with blistering times.

His biggest impact was on Playstation where his chiselled features & hunkered stance made him a favourite. Officially released with 206kw, Watanabe's Cheshire grin led tuners to explore increases as they found modest changes reaped huge benefits, making this warrior more fearsome.

YTP782 came to me as a Ronin (masterless samurai) cast out of Japan as too old (36 months), but I solemnly promised to care for him, introduce him to Australia, & increase his weaponry in exchange for loyalty & exemplary behaviour. I cared for him with the finest oils, changed at 5000km. I kept him from street fights, track battles, clutch dumps, & drag queens spoiling for a matchup.

When I grew tired of his stock performance I researched improvements to build strength without surgery.
550cc injectors
new poncams
adjustable cam gears
Power FC & 1 bar boost controller
Down pipes
Japan spec 3” exhaust
br& new 265/35 Falken FK452 tyres

YTP was my loyal companion for 10 years & 118,000 km, & now wants to be released to a new owner as he is too fit to be kept garaged for weeks.

YTP has some blemishes to his nose from Australian curbs & stones, & has started to age gracefully on the steering wheel but will reward additional drivetrain surgery toward even bigger kw."

IIRC, this car ad previously stated that the car was used on interstate trips (hence the high odo reading) and was kept stock due to daily driving.
Why would you remove and then pay for another ad.? New advertisement technique maybe?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi that GTR is mine and i wrote the advert late at night, so I'm glad that some people liked it.

It doesn't cost anything to swap the words or pictures around, so its the same advert but i just got creative one night to try to make it stand out. As it didn't generate any more inquiries i swapped it back to a traditional advert, but put the creative one on Gumtree (http://goo.gl/TRriqq).

The km's are highish (but at least this audience are less likely to be suckered by the princesses arriving off the docks with delivery km's only), but they are nearly all mine and i commuted about 500km a week for 5 years, plus took it from Sydney to Melbourne twice, then onto Adelaide and back another time. I figured that it was my car and i was going to get daily enjoyment from it rather than Nancy it during the week, but cane it on weekends.

Yes there are some deep scrapes and scratches on the front bumper, plus others on the body so it wont suit someone wanting it as a show car, but it has been looked after, has lived in a locked garage its whole life, the clock is realistic, it makes some decent kw and is super easy to drive with decent low end torque. Am open to sensible offers made by someone standing in front of it ready to leave a deposit.

Getting a bit sick of the sms warriors wanting to swap all sorts of stuff however, hence why the ad on carsales is a bit snippy now.

Edited by ned

It's a great ad mate.

It looks to be a pretty honest car. It's a pain selling any car privately let alone some like this so good luck with it.

Hi that GTR is mine and i wrote the advert late at night, so I'm glad that some people liked it.

It doesn't cost anything to swap the words or pictures around, so its the same advert but i just got creative one night to try to make it stand out. As it didn't generate any more inquiries i swapped it back to a traditional advert, but put the creative one on Gumtree (http://goo.gl/TRriqq).

The km's are highish (but at least this audience are less likely to be suckered by the princesses arriving off the docks with delivery km's only), but they are nearly all mine and i commuted about 500km a week for 5 years, plus took it from Sydney to Melbourne twice, then onto Adelaide and back another time. I figured that it was my car and i was going to get daily enjoyment from it rather than Nancy it during the week, but cane it on weekends.

Yes there are some deep scrapes and scratches on the front bumper, plus others on the body so it wont suit someone wanting it as a show car, but it has been looked after, has lived in a locked garage its whole life, the clock is realistic, it makes some decent kw and is super easy to drive with decent low end torque. Am open to sensible offers made by someone standing in front of it ready to leave a deposit.

Getting a bit sick of the sms warriors wanting to swap all sorts of stuff however, hence why the ad on carsales is a bit snippy now.

Cheers thanks

It makes me feel better reading the thread about the doctored odometers on some of the cheap dealer cars going around, as thats what many buyers are comparing to (low km fresh off the boat, nicely shined up), but give them their due, dealers do know how to make a car look pretty special. Ive put off selling it since 2007 when i 1st promised my wife i'd sell it, so i'm being patient and hoping it goes to a good home.

Edited by ned

Cheers thanks

It makes me feel better reading the thread about the doctored odometers on some of the cheap dealer cars going around, as thats what many buyers are comparing to (low km fresh off the boat, nicely shined up), but give them their due, dealers do know how to make a car look pretty special. Ive put off selling it since 2007 when i 1st promised my wife i'd sell it, so i'm being patient and hoping it goes to a good home.

Well hopefully it all works out mate. Would love to see this go to an enthusiast such as yourself!

• 2 weeks later...

The high price was because i would be out of the country with no phone or net access and wanted to hide it from searches. Gumtree has a pause feature but not on carsales, so i tried to bump the price out of the range it had been in before.

All fixed now i hope and open to sensible offers.