SAU Community

S2 Coils Running With S1 Ignitor?

Why?

Just get s1 coils or a s2 loom to go with the s2 coils

This. Unplug old loom and ignitor. Plug in new loom. Sell old ignitor.

(89CAL - is the ECU side ignitor plug & pinout the same as the S2 loom plug? Or is there a little custom wiring required?)

Doesn't work.

When I put the Stagea RB25 in my R32 GTS4, we couldn't understand why we couldn't get the coils to fire. Until we discovered that the Stagea coils - same as S2 coils - didn't require the ignitor.

I think (and I'm not sure if this is right because I havent tried it) that if you change the looms from S1 to S2 you are unplugging it further back then the ignitor so the S2 wiring just goes staight to the back of the valley cover rather then up and over and around to get to the ignitor

I would have to see the main loom plug though.

I thought it had been done before anyway

Doesn't work.

When I put the Stagea RB25 in my R32 GTS4, we couldn't understand why we couldn't get the coils to fire. Until we discovered that the Stagea coils - same as S2 coils - didn't require the ignitor.

Ok thanks!

^ ^ Correct.....Can be done but you have to get the S2 coli pack harness as well as the plugs on the coil itself is different. This in addition to bypassing the S1 ignitor as well which will require wiring mods