SAU Community

Sauqld South Cruise, Sunday 14Th July

sneakey pete

Oh yes, I am so jelly of your sh*tbox pushrod dinosaur automatic boat that is across the line 9 hundredths of a second earlier on a quarter mile (with a slower ET), and probably at least 10 seconds slower around lakeside, or any other racetrack for that matter.

I'll stick with my pinny, thanks :).

Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile winnings winnin, now you owe me a ten second car and Micheal owes me a carton of beer lol

What time are you thinking for the northies to meet at the bp?

The googles say its about a 52 minute drive, which is actually less than i'd have thought, so if you left at quarter past 8 or so you'd have plenty of time.

it'll be good if the go pro's can be used, we need more cruise footage!

Pfft gopro, I'll be recording with my smartphone and the holder to mount it.

It wont be the best footage, but it'll be better than nothing.

• Like 1

Pfft gopro, I'll be recording with my smartphone and the holder to mount it.

It wont be the best footage, but it'll be better than nothing.

put it on the passenger side of the windscreen, then use the sun visor to brace it.

stops 90% of vibrations.

put it on the passenger side of the windscreen, then use the sun visor to brace it.

stops 90% of vibrations.

That's exactly what I'll be doing but never thought to use the sun visor to stop the vibrations, thanks :thumbsup:

Not completely obvious from someone coming from the outside though.

I for one welcome our v8 skyline overlords. Looks like we'll have a great turnout, and it'll be good if the go pro's can be used, we need more cruise footage!

Trouble is it's only a gopro hd hero 2, so it's a little worse quality then the hero 3.. i'll try set it up somewhere above the centre console - I'll try it mounting it up tomorrow to see how it goes.

Would be good to share shots of different cars though so we'll see how we go if you would like to use it :) I'd be uploading it to the forums anyways!