SAU Community

Sauqld South Cruise, Sunday 14Th July

sneakey pete

XD would prefer a supra over your Maxima, any day Pony.

She's a bit chunky but she can mooove it. Did you not see how she takes mountains?

Thanks mate yeah it was a load of fun through the twisties! Was a struggle to keep straight as I haven't had an alignment since coilovers and wheels, constantly kept pulling to the side lol

Will be keen on more shenanigans in the future!

Edited by fusion07

A big thanks to everyone for making this a great day, we had over 20 cars turn up!

Luckily the rain gods held off, and apart from wetting the GC meet point it was actually dry for the entire cruise.

By all accounts the run up springbrook was good, and apart from a few false lookouts and a bit of a squeeze parking we made it there ok, with some good views to look at.

Unfortunately, there were some issues with getting us all to the right spot for lunch due to the group being split up, I'll have to work on that for next time, but from what I understand we all made it there eventually?

here's the photo's I took

i was the guy who texted/called to try and find out where everyone was - I ended up following 3 or 4 cars back half way down Tamborine before realising they were heading home early and not going to the lunch meet.. after driving back up the hill and around for an hour or so (until ~2ish) I decided to call it quits and head home.. shame I couldn't find yous and join in for lunch - was looking forward to it..

but those are some decent photos :) nice panorama

That V8.......

travelled behind it most of the way - got a few neat gopro shots however my main cameras photos came out 99% overexposed.. pretty much just white pictures. really bummed abou that

i was the guy who texted/called to try and find out where everyone was - I ended up following 3 or 4 cars back half way down Tamborine before realising they were heading home early and not going to the lunch meet.. after driving back up the hill and around for an hour or so (until ~2ish) I decided to call it quits and head home.. shame I couldn't find yous and join in for lunch - was looking forward to it..

lol so you were the one I was following :wave: I figured there was no point going up mt tamborine again so I went home after the blue 32 is fixed.

apart from a few false lookouts and ...

Unfortunately, there were some issues with getting us all to the right spot for lunch due to the group being split up, I'll have to work on that for next time,

Trying to be helpful not a jerk,

Part of the confusion for me was that the route map wasn't specific.

I'm not sure if that was intentional or not (gatecrashers or the fuzz), but Point B was right next to Purling Brook Falls, so when some of us got lost, I just led us there not knowing the actual stop was Best of All Lookout further down.

Link to map of route we actually drove compared with link to route map

Maybe a quick list of locations people could print/store in their GPS/enter into their Smartphone Maps app.

Would mean they could reach the next point from where ever they ended up getting lost.

For example,

- BP, Stapylton-Jacobs Well Rd, Stapylton

- Park car park, Hardys Rd, Mudgeeraba (North end, cnr Gold Coast Springbrook Rd)

- Best of All Lookout, (End of) Repeater Station Rd, Springbrook

- Witches Chase Cheese Company, Long Rd, North Tamborine (cnr Eagle Heights Rd)

looooooooooooooooooooool!

I had more lol from hitting the roof while my car jumping in the air than correcting oversteer this time :ph34r:

HAHA there was one bump that destroyed my sound system going from springers > tambo

HAHA there was one bump that destroyed my sound system going from springers > tambo

Yeah, the missus was at first sad that she didn't bring her S15, but after that section was glad to be in my boaty 33 with its stock ride height, spring rate/stiffness.

If by "that v8" you mean the ss, that was my friend's car. Very lumpy idle, such a cool and fast car. I'll bet he would have thought your car was cool Natro (and the v8 r34)!

It looked like a fantastic day out, and I would have loved to be there too, but I'm up in Brisbane with my wife in hospital giving birth to our twins!

I'm sure I'll be at a future meet to put some names to faces though!