SAU Community

No doubt SAU has a few threads about this but can't find them and google just finds me 25 box into auto 32 etc etc

Usual thing happened, blew the rb20det gearbox drifting and want the rb25 box for the usual reasons.

This is what I know......

1. 25 yoke welded on the 32 tail shaft

2. Closs member fix (not 100% sure what needs doing)

3. Navara speed sensor (again, not 100% sure what needs doing)

Any info would be good and pics of what needs doing would be even better. Car has a 2530 so not sure if that'd make a difference.

Please no stupid comments or remarks

Thanks in advance.........Fliggy

Yuh, but that wasn't his question.

I had to swap crossmember when I did RB20 manual into auto R32. Then when I did RB25DET manual into the same car, I had to change crossmember again. I don't know for sure, but I strongly suspect I ended up with my original auto crossmember back in the car!

Fliggy, if you want someone to build a Navara sender up for you, contact Fours N More at Pooraka. They have done heaps of them. I suspect that they probably need at least some of either your R32 one or the R33 one. Apparenly it's not particularly hard, but I didn't pay any attention when it was being done to mine as I was either busy on some other part of the car or away overseas (I can't remember now, too long ago).

Otherwise, your list is about all the tricks involved. Take measurements of the lengths from the back of the new gearbox to the centrebearing studs on the car, and take your R32 tailshaft and the front half of the R33 one to Spicers and they'll cut and shut it for you. They do so many of them that if you walk in with the pieces they will recognise them and you won't even have to tell that what you want done.

Make sure you have the correct slave cylinder too, as they are different between R32 and R33.

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it. Just curious though, is it the speed sensor from the Nissan Navara or is Navara the brand of sensor?

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring old thread up (didn't wanna make another one). Just to confirm, an R33/RB25DET manual gearbox into an R32 auto chassis is a direct swap, no mods?

Thanks for the reply. "Strongly suspect" isn't the most concrete description but you obviously know helluva lot more than me so I'll your word for it cheers!

• 9 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but don't want to start a new one as I feel this has been answered but I cant find it.

I have an r32 manual with rb20det and box.
I also have just obtained a r34 RB25DET Neo with manual box flywheel everything as it came from the R34.

I want to put the 25 in the R32.... obviously

Is there anything I need to be aware of with the gearbox?
I just want to get all the parts I need before hand to make it as easy as possible.

Thanks

I had Neo and Neo box in my car. No different that fitting a standard RB25 box Into a 32.

RB20 box is 800mm long

RB25 box is 780mm long

RB25 box also had a different yoke to RB20. It's the same as 300ZX/VL turbo box. You need to acquire a yoke and then get it fitted to your RB20 tailshaft. You don't need to extend or shorten the shaft, keep it the same length.