SAU Community

R33 Gtr Powertrain Custom Build Car From The Ground Up

I started a custom car build about 3 month ago and have a very ambitious and radical vision for the end product. Being that iv been in the custom car world and modifying them for 18 year or so i know that this will be the frist build in a long time that will push me and maximize my abilities. That being said here's what im building The powertrain is a full R33 GTR powertrain motor, tranny, diff's. the chassis is a full tubbular chassis with a honda S2000 rear suspension clip the front uses civic control arms and Ksport is making custom coilovers for me. Driveshaft Shop.com is making all 4 axle rated to 800HP and driveshaft to 1200HP. Ill be using Ksport big brakes all round 14" 8 piston up front and 13" 6 piston in the rear i have 19"X9.5 TSW rims all the way round right now but am plaining on a staggered set up probably a BC custom offset rims 19x9.5 front and 19x11 rear and i looked at tire sizes an with a 265/30/19 up front and a 315/25/19 rear the rolling measurement is with in a 1/3 of a % so not to have center diff issues. ill have LSD's front and rear plus a twin puck clutch. and ill use a ETS-Pro center diff controller to stick it all. The RB26 will get full built and ill start a thread on the motor build soon want to see what you guys think of the set up im plaining on. The body is my own design its very hard to explain but its bits from a hand full of concept cars that i like and my own style mixed in. It will be steel exoskeleton wrapped in fiberglass and carbon fiber using the steel for extra strength and mounting tabs cus this car will be raced on the weekends and car events exc. I dont want this car to be fragile. I want to use it so im sure when you see the pic's you'll see im over building it on purpose. plus the added safety will keep me alive ill be adding more pic's as i go and if you have any Questions hit me up

post-115596-0-09430300-1373325189_thumb.jpg

post-115596-0-52991400-1373325203_thumb.jpg

post-115596-0-56983700-1373325213_thumb.jpg

Sounds like it should be quite an in depth build. I've always wanted to build a car around an engine/driveline.

Look forward to seeing it all take shape, with 18 years experience you should know what you're doing!

What's the plans for the body shape? Will it just be covering the skeleton or be a smooth traditional looking shape?

The body will be a fluid shape im using cold rolled 1/4" round bar steel to make the shape, kind like a spider web, plus to have strong mounting tabs. Then the steel will be wraped in fiber glass to create the fluid shape. then finally wraped in custom died blue carbon fiber. The carbon fiber will match the paint color so i can leave some of the carbon fiber exposed and it will all tie into the paint color. Im not very good at drawing 3D renderings so it would be hard to show the design I have some real simple 2D renderings Iv been working on ill post them once Iv finished them

I for one would like to see some drawings. Better to give people an idea of what your mind is seeing. I remember a 4wd 32 highboy a few years ago that had 350 s/b and Blazer transaxle. Damn thing cut 11's without a worry and handled very, very well. By the way, a big single would tidy up the engine bay area considerably.

I had one each of a 55, 56 and 57 Chevy so I am wondering if this is a racing style your building or classic or hotrod.

The design i would have to say is going to be kinda a modern concept car im taking little bits of styling cues from concept cars Audi, Citrin,Jaguar and throwing my own style in. Here is a rough sketch of what the front will look like. Like i said before im not very good at 3D renderings Ill post the rear and side views once im happy with the design

post-115596-0-94465200-1373490568_thumb.jpg