SAU Community

My Rb26Dett Build 650 To 700Hp 9000Rpms

Im start to plan my rb26dett build an would like to get some input on what i was thinking for the build. I have a 98 R33 rb26dett motor and want to do a full build on it. ill be building it in two stages and dont want to do any thing twice. what im looking for is 650 to 700HP and 9000rpm and as much response as possible this motor will be in a custom car im building from the ground up check out my other thread for the car build. THE TOP END I was thinking Brian crower 1mm over sized valves, BC stage 2 cams, BC valve springs,BC keepers,BC valve guid Greddy intake manifold, injector dynamics 1000cc. Tomei turbo manifolds, custom dump tubes 3" GARRETT GT2860r 5, all greddy piping and intake piping, the head will get a stage 1 port job and port match everything, as well as clean up the oil returns. Greddy timing belt, Mines cam Baffle plate, head drain kit

THE BOTTOM END

Brian Crower connecting rods BC6239, CP 9:1 pistons, 1.1 oil restrictor, tomei oil pump, WHAT head gasket would you use ?????, and what master gasket set would you use????? N1 water pump, ATI harmonic balancer 917753, ARP head studs and crank studs,

THE ECU

Ill be runing a AEM 30-6620 stand alone with a motec 3bar map sensor, ill be eliminating the stock maf's, and ill be using most of the AEM sensors like wide band O2's and so on

i dont think ull get 650-700hp out of 2860r -5s, im running them with ported manifold, ported head, stock intake manifold and greddy piping on 22psi and am getting 485hp at wheels.

With e85 and larger exhausts i would get about 550-600max on 25psi i was told.

i dont think ull get 650-700hp out of 2860r -5s, im running them with ported manifold, ported head, stock intake manifold and greddy piping on 22psi and am getting 485hp at wheels.

ill be running methanol injection an duel 3" exhaust with a little higher compression then most and if im close to 650hp i wont be to disappointed the still crazy fast

Only a stage 1 port job? Dude, there'll be danger to the manifold with a stage 1 at over 9000!!! RPM.

Use the search.

how do you mean danger to the manifold ? i haven't heard of a good rb26 head porter that i would trust that lives with in 500 mile of me plus in my experience head porting is a art and very few are really good at it plus is it really worth 2 or 3 thousand dollers to get a little more power out of your motor when you can just turn the boost up a few pounds

ill be running methanol injection an duel 3" exhaust with a little higher compression then most and if im close to 650hp i wont be to disappointed the still crazy fast

maybe im a little optimistic but with the above mods an over sized valves stage 2 cams, map intake conversion i would think im getting close

Can be done, but it takes alot of coin to get there.

Nah. 150hp shot of NOS. It'd be easy.

You can probably get a package deal for some NOS and stage 2 cams.

Good times.

What are stage 2 cams?

It is possible with -5's but I'd rather go a hta 3586r and save on the head porting and just give it a tidy up.

Cheers Josh.

Well people are mercilessly taking the piss for the F&F style reference to those & the head works but they are supposedly these..

http://www.briancrower.com/makes/nissan/rb26.shtml

Oh and, ahh, good times.

Edited by djr81

this man knows, he has taken -5s as far as i've seen from anywhere and the power you are stating you will out do his result, just

stage 2 cams, thats two of the big ones right, harry

good times yeah

i don't mind going with a little bigger turbo but I'm trying to keep it as responsive as possible i might just have to see how much power i get out of the -5s and if I don't get 650 HP or so ill try the GT2871r-10 just afraid i would have to much lag. O and the cost yeah its a lot Ill pry be right at $28,000.00 US all said and done