SAU Community

V36 Bluetooth Issue

Hi Guys,

I've picked up a V36 skyline and was having an issue using the bluetooth on it, when I go to the bluetooth menu the turn on Bluetooth is greyed out, I have taken a photo below if anyone can help? Also the other issue is I have a orange cruise light on my dash but there are no cruise control switches on the car?

Please see image attached if anyone can help that would be really appreciated.

post-90430-0-16929500-1374025708_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Playaz, I have a V36 350GT SP also and I had the same problems.

Basically follow this guide:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/332357-v36-skyline-japanese-translation-document-work-in-progress/

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/332357-v36-skyline-japanese-translation-document-work-in-progress/

you need to make sure the car is in Park as you cant make any changes to the bluetooth whilst the car isn't in Park or in motion.

suggest you make sure you clear out all bluetooth handsets that have been associated as well.

the pairing screen was a little hard to figure out as I needed to leave the info screen showing and i kept on closing it.

leave this on display before you try and pair phone.

InfoScreen.tiff

read the guide in the above forum any issue people are here.

Happy to offer what worked for me.

Matt.

• Like 1

Playaz, I have a V36 350GT SP also and I had the same problems.

Basically follow this guide:

you need to make sure the car is in Park as you cant make any changes to the bluetooth whilst the car isn't in Park or in motion.

suggest you make sure you clear out all bluetooth handsets that have been associated as well.

the pairing screen was a little hard to figure out as I needed to leave the info screen showing and i kept on closing it.

leave this on display before you try and pair phone.

attachicon.gifInfoScreen.tiff

read the guide in the above forum any issue people are here.

Happy to offer what worked for me.

Matt.

Thank-you soo much! Worked a treat with my Xperia Z, any idea on the Cruise light issue?

i have't seen the cruise light on mine however i have seen some that have popped up only once before in the three months i have had the car.

take another photo and i will check mine.

I checked mine tonight and I also have the cruise label light where your photo displayed. It's not lit up and I have no cruise option.

I would suggest someone like Chris Rogers might be able to suggest something.

From my LIMITED knowledge it could be something like a fuse or electrical issue maybe?

I am interested in the outcome as it might happen to me one day.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to see it. Scan tool may tell me something. Are you sure there is no cruise on this car?

Hi Chris,

Yeah as far as I am aware there is no cruise, there are no switches on the steering wheel for cruise control. Just the light on the dash.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi I was hoping someone could help.....I've paired my phone (Bluetooth) to my in car stereo.....the phone works fine my voice comes through the system but I don't have any music.... My phone is showing up on the screen and I know I'm just one button away from fixing it...,,it's in Japanese by the way......I'm so frustrated.........please help lol

It's been a while, however i have the iPhone 6, i had the iPhone 5s, i had the iPhone 5 and several iPhone 4's and basically I was always able to get the audio working no issues but I have NEVER got the bluetooth Audio working to play music, i run a apple RCA cables into the glovebox video/audio input and stream Pandora or listen to iTunes via the AUX input of the system. I have the SP Bose system.

I followed all of the guides and did everything i could do but never got music to stream via Bluetooth.

Good luck apparently Android works no hassles however don't have one to play with.

• Like 1

Well I have never had an issue since I got the car two years back. Bluetooth audio and phone on iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s and 6 all works for me and I too have the SP Bose sytem. AUX will definitely sound better than bluetooth if you care about sound quality.

Andriods works easy and they can also copy their phone book over to the car. Well the last time I tried I could. Not sure about the newer Andriod OS.

• Like 1

Hi I'm just contacting people who have a skyline 350 GT Japanese import...... I was hoping someone could help me.....I'm having bluetooth issues.....I've paired my phone (Bluetooth) to my in car stereo.....the phone works fine my voice comes through the speakers when I make a call, but my music won't come through .... My phone is definitely paired as my phone name shows up on the screen.....I know I'm just one button away from fixing it........I'm so frustrated.........if you could help in any way it would be greatly appreciated....thank you Ian.

• 9 months later...

Hi Schoonertaylor, I'm also having the same issue.

My phone is paired (phone functions are fine) however there is no option in the Audio, Bluetooth menu.

According to the translation PDF is states 8 options, I only have 7 and am missing the bluetooth option,

My sisters 2007 350GT type S pairs and streams music good, and both our skylines have the sat-nav.

Did anyone have a solution to this? Any thoughts Chris Rogers?

Schoonertaylor & westygoth, I have seen the bluetooth audo music streaming working for SOME people with their V36's however I have NEVER got my bluetooth audio music streaming to work. Various iPhone's only tested, no andrioid.

I have basically given up as the bluethooth works for phone calls great, i have a workaround for the audio.

I would be great if we could do a system software update or check what current version we are running and compare it against people like colin.ssc who has no issues? if could be a whole system that might have been updated? example we might be on version 1.01 and others might be on version 1.02 that fixed the bluetooth audio music issues. (I AM CLUTCHING TO STRAWS)

If someone knows how to check what version we are running with our software?? might be a start.

• 2 weeks later...