SAU Community

Sau Vic 2013 Motorsport Championship Round 6 - Sandown Sunday 11Th August

emts

I'm sure there were a few guys like me that didn't have a nomination though as it was our 1st time there.

I was happy with the grouping, it was fun being able to pass people for a change instead of everyone passing me.

SAU-Vic should evaluate running with Alfa again for a c/ship round. Groupings were... poor. Can't get your monies worth if cars 20 sec/lap difference are all in the same groups!

Good day weather wise though and gotta love a Porka GT3 :D

The intention was actually to provide us with better value for money and 'fun' with everyone in the same group.

Evidently that didn't work.

If we do run another round with Neil, we'd be asking for speed based grouping.

Actually a pretty slow Alfa day, not too sure what the go was. They are generally pretty fast.

Watch this space, as Alfa do Broadford and I'd like to think we can run a mini championship with them next year.

Very happy with day. What times did everyone run? 1:31.1 for me.

I'm sure there were a few guys like me that didn't have a nomination though as it was our 1st time there.

I was happy with the grouping, it was fun being able to pass people for a change instead of everyone passing me.

1.31 for your first time is a great time Michael!

The intention was actually to provide us with better value for money and 'fun' with everyone in the same group.

Evidently that didn't work.

If we do run another round with Neil, we'd be asking for speed based grouping.

Actually a pretty slow Alfa day, not too sure what the go was. They are generally pretty fast.

Watch this space, as Alfa do Broadford and I'd like to think we can run a mini championship with them next year.

No doubt about good intentions - Just didn't work out all that great is all I was saying, so needs looking into :thumbsup:

Boardford would be quite interesting actually. SAU-Vic hasn't been there yet!

Actually felt quite dangerous to me... i'd imagine from slower cars points of view also. Miniwog's video above illustrates this pretty well...

I held back for a full lap, set it up so I had the entire straight empty and began a hot lap. By the time i was coming to the end of the back straight i was in traffic again :unsure: 8-20 seconds a lap difference to the rest of the field will do that...

I resigned myself to just having some fun and seeing what the car could do in sectors alone. Beating my pb (1.19.4) wasn't going to happen. After looking into the logs today i could see my fastest combined sectors were 1.19.008 so the track was ok grip wise, but overall disappointed i couldn't string a full lap together because of the speed differences in traffic. I did start one session in the front, but screwed up turn 1 because i didn't manage to get enough heat into the tyres following the Alpha pace car on the warm up lap.

The afternoon was even worse, i am pretty sure every session had a car off and stopped proceedings for 15-20mins of clean up multiple times. Colder temperatures had set in and the track's grip dropped sharply.

Still can't complain... as i got to do stuff in the car that would put you in jail most days of the week. And thats always a win :yes:

Excuse the video quality. Only learning how to put videos together haha

So this is my best lap of the day. Traction out of the corners seems to be a bit of an issue. BMW pulls away on most corner exits

Excuse the beep in the video that is my oil temp warning going off at 120c haha

Pretty tidy. More confidence (better tyres) into the corners and you'll smash time off that lap.

Tip, when youtube tells you the clip is shaky or dark and they can fix it. Say no. It ruins the video.

Pretty tidy. More confidence (better tyres) into the corners and you'll smash time off that lap.

Tip, when youtube tells you the clip is shaky or dark and they can fix it. Say no. It ruins the video.

Haha you can tell im new to this

Can confirm I clicked yes to fix my shaky video.

Working on a better quality vid to upload. Still getting used to Adobe Premier and not sure what export file types to use etc...

Don't want to upload a 300mb file to youtube :/

I'm pretty sure it was the second or 3rd session I was in front of you.

Thanks for that, let me know if you find anything decent.

I was hoping to get some footage of flying past someone down the straight but I don't think I really past anyone from SAU.