SAU Community

HOWTO: RB25DET High Boost mode with standard solenoid

paulr33

Done this a few weeks ago, great little mod, it gets rid of that peaky feeling and gives the car a smoother power curve.it is a bit dangerous in the wet tho hehe

Havnt had any problems so far which is good

Nice mod paulr33

yep i did this mod like 2 weeks ago and its great! ran a wire through the firewall and attached it to a 2 way switch.. up for hi boost, down for low.. haha it works a treat! i dont use hi boost much any way.

ill post some pics up this week. :( its really really simple. took me umm 10 mins all up.

• 2 weeks later...

i just have got around to doing this mod, and works like a charm, very easy, and i can feel the difference for sure, just to help, i have a series 2 1997 r33, it is the black wire. i just used rubber shrink tube over my wires and looks very neat and safe.. thanx for the mod info!

half way on the factory gauge is approximately 7psi

+7 on the gauge is ~14psi

hey is this true?, when the gauge is up to +7 thats 14psi?, damn, mine has always went to the +7 and i do not have a aftermarket boost controller or blled valve?, any one know why this is happening?, i do not know all my mods in the engine, but there is a dump pipe that has one pipe going of the side to the same pipe and both sides going to exhaust?, i did hear a guy say the internal `waste gate was takin out?, but i dunno, havent looked and i cannot see any external wastegates any were? help?

yea thats what i was just thinking, killed my friends wrx, so think im running to high.. hahah damn, thanx for clearing me up about the stock gauge, never knew that at all.. wonder why they just dont make the gauge to 7psi reading as they want you to run that :whistling:

hey dezz thanx 4 that. still shocked that the +7 is 14psi, ive always thought it was 7psi, hehe.. i couldent find any info on the net about the stock gauge and what nissan mean on there stock boost gauge reading

looks like im, boosting a bit to much,, hehe, found this: 700 mm/Hg, which is about 13.5 psi. and 400mm/hg is around 8psi.. cool i get it.. crazy factory gauge can go to 13.5. found some info after 3 hours of looking,,. just incase any one else wants to know and this happends while moding .. thanx dezz!!

Edited by seriesII

just did this little mod, just did a T connection with the black earth wire and grounded it, it worked, its just a little mod for better response low down, its mnot gonna win u guys races, I dont know why you bother with the switches...not worth the hassle, if you want a switch get a in cabin dual stage boost controller.

Gr8 simple mod, cheers!