SAU Community

Pump E85 - Current Ethanol Content

tk80

well piggaz has seen 77 up to about 87 at united servo at rozelle. I'm not a tuner, but suspect that if your car is tuned on e85 and your buying e77 fuel (or potentially worse) then you could run into some problems.

agreed...caltex consistent. More of an issue for united.

That's not how most tuners would tune, as that's not safe.

Safe tune, variation = no problem

We test daily UNITED is the only pump fuel we recommend (caltex is average). So much so that we dont use drum.

A tuner should tune any pump e85 car to be safe on any thing down to e70 (just in case you need to fill with caltex etc) as its a very minor change in tune.... and minimal loss in hp... very minimal

I love reading these threads and learning all this shit :) I wish I had the money for a flex tune and an ECU that could handle it.

At one stage I was even thinking just going ethanol but there is only like 2 servos that stock it here and none down the coast where I do a lot of travel

The GM sensor is available for under $100 delivered now, and with a Zietronics box should work on nearly any ecu, as long as you have a spare 0-5v input... Must speak to you about that soon Trent, I have an Emanage Ultimate to flex tune. ;)

Flex tuning will definitely be getting more common in the future. I need to fit a sensor to my Fcon but I am scared of the wiring nightmare in the dash. :unsure:

I love reading these threads and learning all this shit :) I wish I had the money for a flex tune and an ECU that could handle it.

At one stage I was even thinking just going ethanol but there is only like 2 servos that stock it here and none down the coast where I do a lot of travel

Lol I am full flex so I can use pump fuel but I love ethanol so much I carry jerries of it haha

i think what people are forgetting is that if your car is tuned on e85 and your next batch of fuel you run is 70% your car will run slightly richer then normal, there is no "running lean" or "cracking pistons" situation.

i think what people are forgetting is that if your car is tuned on e85 and your next batch of fuel you run is 70% your car will run slightly richer then normal, there is no "running lean" or "cracking pistons" situation.

I'm the opposite, was tuned on 70 and now E85 is available near home, compensation is in the ECU but going to check it properly on dyno to be safe

Yeah but Simon's point more revolves around the fact of someone not having a sensor and so on - which comes back to a lot of other posts in this thread that are quite clear

If the tune is done safely for a street car, the variation from E70 ro E85 has no bearing.

Whilst this thread is a good idea - as long as the tune is OK - It's a non-issue

tuner told me to only run the caltex if desperate but it will run fine

ill be going back in the comming months for a flex tune so that i dont have to carry more than 200 litre of e85 to the track

Piggaz saw E68 at my local eflex pump few weeks ago in Richmond. Ive had my 33 and now my evo 9 tuned to run on that stuff with no dramas ever in the last 3 years.But im flexing the evo soon :)

Nathan what if you are going on a car trip like 3 hours away for a weekend?

Jerry cans?

Yep got 3 large red plastic ones, whether it's a trip to Winton, or going away. One day I will change from the power fc and get a ecu that can do eflex with a ethanol sensor. It's not a problem at the moment