SAU Community

R33 Gtr Accident At The Lowdown & Garage 88 Meet

The poor owner KNOWINGLY driving an unregistered uninsured car?

I don't think so; he's easily as big an idiot as the dope in the EVO.

I wouldn't say he deserved it; but FFS, if you can't afford to register your car; you can't afford to drive it.

I stay waaaay away from "Enthusiast" events like these; as the dickhead factor is completely off the charts.

These same guys are the ones whining that they are unfairly targeted, yet leave their brains in the glovebox at all times.

If anything; this highlights how well run SAU events & cruises are. People know if they screw around, you'll be handed to the Police on a platter.

They also understand that we are ambassadors for our cause, and want to promote a positive image.

Idiots like this destroy EVERYONE'S hard work in an instant.

Couldn't have said it better myself if my surname was Scippione

I wouldn't say he deserved it; but FFS, if you can't afford to register your car; you can't afford to drive it.

I stay waaaay away from "Enthusiast" events like these; as the dickhead factor is completely off the charts.

These same guys are the ones whining that they are unfairly targeted, yet leave their brains in the glovebox at all times.

If anything; this highlights how well run SAU events & cruises are. People know if they screw around, you'll be handed to the Police on a platter.

They also understand that we are ambassadors for our cause, and want to promote a positive image.

^^ THIS. Couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

Definitely agree...

SAU events and cruises definitely have a more mature atmosphere, and everyone is sensible because idiots aren't tolerated.

JDMST/EOMM/Lowdown meets etc are more of an attraction to most of the people who have a "look at me" or "us against police" attitude.

+11ty. This is one area where the punishments are too weak. Driving an unregistered car or when disqualified should get the car impounded for a year.

+11ty. This is one area where the punishments are too weak. Driving an unregistered car or when disqualified should get the car impounded for a year.

Definitely, people don't think through the consequences of being in a collision while their car is unregistered.

Imagine seriously injuring another driver or pedestrian; you would be financially entirely responsible for anyone involved. It would destroy your life, as well as theirs.

Agree 100% with a lot of things mentioned.

The SAU events have always been held in such high regards.

To prove this the recent Putty Road cruise vid was posted on Motor Magazines Facebook page.

Just goes to show the top management of SAU!

Wow... so many idiots still around. I cant believe these people still turn up to these meets. I stoped going to the JDMST meets a long time ago.. A shame over time it starts to attract idiots, because those meets used to be awesome.

Whenever I film an event, I always ask people if they want their number plates blanked out. Most of the SAU chaps don't really care. The answer is always the same "I'm not doing anything illegal, so why would I care?"

Would be awesome if every community adopted the same mindset as those here.

Cheers,

Shaz

Wow... so many idiots still around. I cant believe these people still turn up to these meets. I stoped going to the JDMST meets a long time ago.. A shame over time it starts to attract idiots, because those meets used to be awesome.

I was actually going to make an appearance to this for the hell of it! Glad i didnt!

Whenever I film an event, I always ask people if they want their number plates blanked out. Most of the SAU chaps don't really care. The answer is always the same "I'm not doing anything illegal, so why would I care?"

Would be awesome if every community adopted the same mindset as those here.

Cheers,

Shaz

Yeah the SAU community is different to a lot of them i have found! Sure we all give the car a squirt here and there BUT not in the middle of a car meet!

I've always wanted to go to these JDM meets, however seeing so many cars with All Stars stickers, JDM as f*ck and people making sounds like "needs more low", "stance", vtec, and seeing bone stock civics with half decent wheels and lowered to 1mm and that usual band wagon stuff, puts me off.

Or maybe I'm just too picky and favor the idea of personality.

I've always wanted to go to these JDM meets, however seeing so many cars with All Stars stickers, JDM as f*ck and people making sounds like "needs more low", "stance", vtec, and seeing bone stock civics with half decent wheels and lowered to 1mm and that usual band wagon stuff, puts me off.

Or maybe I'm just too picky and favor the idea of personality.

Nah, you're not a fully sick flat capper swagfag. You actually care about how your car drives. I'm glad I decided it was a good idea not to go to these meets. Assumed they would be shit, haven't been proven wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to say, sounds like all of them were idiots, someone doing a uturn where they shouldn't (blind spot), someone hammering where they shouldnt (lots of people and blind spot), and someone driving a vehicle when they shouldn't (rego etc), then I thought, do I care if darwin eliminates the shitheads. Nup, good work old mate.