SAU Community

Buying 'suss' cheap skyline, How do I protect myself?

Hey Guys,

As the subject says I've put down a deposit on a VERY underpriced Skyline, (which is perfect) and other than calling REVS and making sure its not stolen through them, What else can I do to make sure the car dealer doesnt run with the money in 1 month and I lose my money AND the car?

I mean if the car is stolen and its not on REVS database yet I can still get screwed if the dealer is shonky correct?

How can I protect myself?

Thanks for your help,

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it the car is still in Japan then... i would love to see your face if its a GTST and it arrives with a GTR badge :rant:

I suppose all you can really do is get a receipt and deal with a reputable dealer that has a good trading history...if you have already handed over a deposit based on pictures/info they have provided you... you just have to trust that business is interested in staying in business, so will do the right thing

I take it the car is still in Japan then... i would love to see your face if its a GTST and it arrives with a GTR badge

Who said it was a GTR in the 1st place?

No its in a used car dealership here in Australia :rant:

I dont want to go into the specifics of the deal just yet as the deal is not yet in stone, just need some advise on how to cover my ass :)

Who said it was a GTR in the 1st place?

I dont know, its just that Pentae seems to share manys passion for loathing GTSTs with GTR badges, :) I could see him badging his own car in disgust :rant:

Hope all goes well with the purchase Pentae, happy motoring in your new ride :rant:

I dont know, its just that Pentae seems to share manys passion for loathing GTSTs with GTR badges,  :) I could see him badging his own car in disgust :rant:  

Hope all goes well with the purchase Pentae, happy motoring in your new ride :rant:

Nice observation Roy!

Dammit I cant contain my excitement.. After a bit of number plate modification in photoshop i'm starting to get giddy. :wassup:

(Took this shot before leaving the dealership today)

Lets hope the sale goes through subject to settlement of one of my investment properties.

:headspin:

Pentae, couldnt you get a picture of your new Falcon station wagon without that blue japanese looking car getting in the way ;)

R34 GTR.... is it a Vspec? either way they are horn cars, :aroused:

will you be the first owner in aus?

because i remember seeing an advertisment in HPI a while ago for a company which will do something identical to a REVS check for you....but in Japan

i'm sure that would be good for peace of mind....

Nice observation Roy!

Dammit I cant contain my excitement.. After a bit of number plate modification in photoshop i'm starting to get giddy.  :wassup:  

(Took this shot before leaving the dealership today)

Lets hope the sale goes through subject to settlement of one of my investment properties.

:headspin:

this caryard wouldnt be new kingston would it?? from the picture it looks like it