SAU Community

Buying 'suss' cheap skyline, How do I protect myself?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you checked the chassis number with Nissan to vertify that its in its original colour? That blue doesnt look standard to me and why the hell would you paint R34 GTR wheels white?

If it checks out then there is no reason not to buy if you are satisfied in your purchase.

Roy, Not a v-spec .. but it still has brembo's - lets hope the sale goes through :(

Blitz: good spotting.. it is a lighter than usual blue colour (I think!)

Though I am told by the dealer its 'Nismo Blue' - the car has white nismo gauges + dials, nismo pedals, plus a small, legit looking nismo badge on the opposite side to the GTR badge. The dealer told me he wasnt sure if it came out of the factory as a 'nismo' or if it was just a basic cosmetic mod the original owner did.

Has anyone heard of a nismo spec r34 gtr?

Also, the interior trim looks exactly the same as the interior in a GTR v-spec.. I dont remember the standard trim but is a standard GTR interior seats/trim any different?

Basically all the knowledge I really have of the vehicle is that it arrived in Australia with close to no kilometres in 1999 and has been driven and babied here ever since, and has done about 50,000kms since then on the digital odometer.

For the record, the car drives absolutely perfectly, its in as new condition and is a bargain I couldn't go past.

Roy, Not a v-spec .. but it still has brembo's - lets hope the sale goes through :(  

Blitz: good spotting.. it is a lighter than usual blue colour (I think!)

Though I am told by the dealer its 'Nismo Blue' - the car has white nismo gauges + dials, nismo pedals, plus a small, legit looking nismo badge on the opposite side to the GTR badge.

Has anyone heard of a nismo spec r34 gtr?  

Also, the interior trim looks exactly the same as the interior in a GTR v-spec.. I dont remember the standard trim but is a standard GTR interior seats/trim any different?  

Basically all the knowledge I really have of the vehicle is that it arrived in Australia with close to no kilometres in 1999 and has been driven and babied here ever since, and has done about 50,000kms since then on the digital odometer.

For the record, the car drives absolutely perfectly, its in as new condition and is a bargain I couldn't go past.

How much was this " bargain for " ? :wassup:

My bet is that it's been in a huge accident...

Something about the car just doesn't sit right. From the paint, to the wheels, to the dealer spinning stories about a "Nismo" model to explain the different blue colour... Just seems verrrrrrrrry dodgy.

Give us the engine number and chassis number and I'll try and get John @ UAS to look up the details of the car for you.

Pentae - What was the go with this car in the end? Did you purchase or was there issues?

Yeah I got it checked out, it was fine. - it had some previous panel damage on the left side of the car that had been repaired professionally and was unnoticeable without looking under the car.

The only thing wrong with the car was it was resprayed in a non original colour.

Yeah I got it checked out, it was fine. - it had some previous panel damage on the left side of the car that had been repaired professionally and was unnoticeable without looking under the car.

The only thing wrong with the car was it was resprayed in a non original colour.

Did you get the RACQ report on this car because i rang them up last week about it and they told me it had been checked out by RACQ and every thing was fine they could not fault it ,and i specifically ask them about any damage or if it has been resprayed and they told me no it was nismo blue and it was some rare colour,

never heard of it on an R34 GTR also so noticed the GTR and nissan badges on the boot are in the wrong spot the GTR badge is about 20mm to low and the nissan badge is about 20mm to high this is why i thought it had been in a accident that and the nismo blue but they still insisted it was normal.

They also advertised this car in another car site as a V-spec for $65,000 with different number plates a bit suss.

No I didnt get an RACQ report on the car, I took it to one of the most reputable workshops in brisbane for imports and gtrs. :)

The car has definately had a respray from white; its not nismo blue.

And yes it was complianced through skyline imports.. my mechanic knew the guy who imported in about 4 of them and sprayed them all in this sky blue colour.

The vspec your talking about could be a different car..