SAU Community

Well, in every street/track project, comes the time when we have to decide between street usability vs performance.

This is specialy evident when we think in aero mods.

I'm thinking in how to generate more downforce, and for the rear i have a big wing...

post-118185-0-77095000-1404921740_thumb.jpgpost-118185-0-72274200-1404921753_thumb.jpgpost-118185-0-10424300-1404921762_thumb.jpg

Others options to me are: gtr32 oem wing, or something like this...

http://cdn.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/uploads/post-23724-1250751159.jpg

http://cdn.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/uploads/post-23724-1250751103.jpg

but i don't think downforce on this last ones be enough... ?

For the front spliter, i'm looking for honeycomb centre aluminium panels, but it seems to be hard to find here...

So i'm thinking to make it from plywood (easy way) or aluminium sheet core (1mm or so) with fibreglass layers, but i can't find anyone did it in this way and i'm a really noob in fiberglass...

I've found other aluminium composites here, like with polyethylene, but density is so high that i think this can be too much weight to get similar properties as plywood or honeycomb panels...

Anyway i'll do some experiments with aluminium and FRP to see how they behave together. And try to figure out how much overhang can go unsupported before it start to flex...

Any input will be very welcome...

Edited by DLP_HCR32

That last wing you posted is mainly for high speed stability in drag racing and won't work as well on the track as the 1st wing you posted.

For front end down force, I'd have a go at making a ply wood splitter and see how that turns out.

• 1 month later...