SAU Community

Nissan V35 350Gt - Opinions/advice

I think the autos are great Julian - but yes, Mike does the valve body upgrades and it makes quite a difference. I am yet to do it, but it is on my list. If you wanna take mine for a spin give me a bell. Are you keen on V35s again?

Was one of the best mods i did on the chaser.

Haha, yeh gone full circle LOL. Still got a while to go on my lease but starting to look into options, prices etc

Wouldn't mind going for a spin. Will have to catch up some time :D

• 4 weeks later...

Bose is an option available to all models, and the SP does not come with it standard (but is extremely common in the SP). Replacing the headunit is a no-no, as the a/c controls are built into the stock unit. It is theoretically possible, but would be a MASSIVE custom job.

I got Chris Rogers to install a new double DIN OEM dash panel in my '05. It included a brand new A/C control unit & allowed me to fit a 7" DVD/TV/GPS unit whilst still looking OEM. Simple, and didn't cost the earth. Chris also fitted the steering wheel stereo controls AND cruise at the same time, I recall the whole thing was around $2k all up. Not a massive job at all - and looks a million x better than having a dash full of illegible symbols!

What are the autos like in the 350GT? I'm assuming MV autos do a valve body mod for these?

You reckon it's worth spending the bit extra for a manual?

I've had both, auto and manual, and just my opinion, but hated the manual.

I originally imported an auto, and thought, awesome car, but would love a manual, so sold it 6 months later and bought a manual.

There's just something about that gearbox/engine/clutch combo that i hated. It just never felt right, even after a clutch/flywheel change.

Sold the car within 6 months again.

I've had both, auto and manual, and just my opinion, but hated the manual.

I originally imported an auto, and thought, awesome car, but would love a manual, so sold it 6 months later and bought a manual.

There's just something about that gearbox/engine/clutch combo that i hated. It just never felt right, even after a clutch/flywheel change.

Sold the car within 6 months again.

Hmmm, interesting; thanks for sharing.

I really liked the idea of a manual but I'm starting to get the feeling the manual in these isn't worth while. Oh well, makes a purchase cheaper going with auto :)

Now to keep an eye out for a nice Series 2

Edited by GFXman

Joolz if you buy a manual make sure it's a 2006-2007 coupe with the CD009 transmission. Earlier models have the shit CD001 gearbox which is prone to synchro wear in some cases under 100,000km (in my case 5th and 3rd gear synchro's went at 92,000km)..

Joolz if you buy a manual make sure it's a 2006-2007 coupe with the CD009 transmission. Earlier models have the shit CD001 gearbox which is prone to synchro wear in some cases under 100,000km (in my case 5th and 3rd gear synchro's went at 92,000km)..

Yeah this is one of the issues I heard which started to make me think twice :)

Although i wouldn't change one out, i def don't think they're a nice gearbox. My 32 GTR which is 20 years old, feels 100 times better than anything i have ever driven in an early manual V35 coupe.

There's a tonne of info in US forums on these and the general consensus was that the auto was a much better combo in these cars.