SAU Community

Rb26 Power Loss, Bov Recirc Issue?

flavzz

Interesting read.

I cant say i have the same issue with mine, however my CAS is in the same full right position as yours. This a proven 20deg with a timing light which i thought was really strange. Mind you this hasnt actually caused any issues and my car runs beautify.

I've also inspected for a skipped tooth and that hasn't occurred. Might try swapping out the CAS as you've done and see if this changes anything. Only for curiosity's sake :)

It may be worth trying if it hasn't skipped a tooth. Apparently they do wear out.

After another drive today besides the obvious jump in performance I've also noticed that the engine and exhaust note has changed with the Cas and timing change. Also off boost drivability has improved hugely especially on start up.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to report after the first full tank of juice since the fix, fuel economy has improved from 320-350km per tank to over 400. This was under normal city driving in traffic and plenty of spirited times for good measure. Whilst this equates to 15L per 100 this is without running O2 sensors. Had to disconnect the existing O2 sensors when we switched the ECU to a 32GTR ECU. Maybe with new sensors it might get between 400-450 around town which Im more than happy with for the nature of the car.

I'm pretty certain it would now crack 500k's on the open highway. All good in the hood :)