SAU Community

32GTR Stolen....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest two.06l

:wavey: Hi Maty blu32GTR

Can't believe the drama of this story. Have been following this thread since 1st posted and I am so relieved and happy for you and your brother that u have her back safe and sound.

Your car has a history now, a great story to tell, great for resale!.

I always worry about our car as we have to park it outside in the driveway. We always make sure we have another car parked infront of it before we go to sleep at night, but as u know if they really want your car they can get it. Thankfully I live in a safe suburb (not even one reported incident of vandalism last year!!) :wavey:

here is the full report :

Big bang, small haul

3Jul04

THREE bandits banking on split-second timing missed a bigger cash haul after smashing their way into a Bundall bank yesterday morning.

The bandits, who escaped from the Westpac in busy Bundall Road in a stolen, flashy sports car, would be lucky if their haul totalled much more than $4000.

Police believed the bandits had planned to hit the bank just as the cash boxes were brought out to fill the tellers' cash drawers for the start of trading.

However, although the two bandits were able to jemmy open three cash boxes there were only limited funds in one.

As the early customers filed into the bank at around 9.30am, two of the bandits, wearing white bandanas over their faces, used metal poles with large circular concrete bases to smash through a window which faced on to Bundall Road, while their wheelman waited in a two-door high-performance metallic blue Nissan Skyline.

A young woman, who would not give her name, told The Bulletin that she was outside the bank and stumbled across the robbery.

"I was walking past the front of the bank and I noticed a Skyline sitting there and the broken window so I thought it must be a robbery," she said.

"So I ran into the shop next door and called the police."

The two bandits who smashed into the bank were both described as about 25 years old.One was 178cms tall with brown eyes, a slim build and wearing light blue jeans, a maroon and white windcheater, dark sunglasses and dark baseball cap.

The second was 170cm tall, wearing a stonewashed blue tracksuit, dark sunglasses and a baseball cap.

Anyone with any information should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

but i dont get it.. why drive around a stolen gt-r for like two weeks ? whats the point of that ?

Good Luck mate. Hope the car is still is good condition and all is well with the boost if they played with it. Makes me think twice about parking my car now. But hey everyone wants the experience of driving a fast car dont they. Sure it won't take too long to restore your cars previous glory. Happy driving.

good to see you found the car. Those ****wits who stole the car are so stupid. i mean they stole the car drove it around for like 2-3 weeks and then decided to use it to rob a bank...

Really stupid if u ask me ;) i hope the cops fined the dikheads and give the what they deserve :D

Good luck mate hope there isnt much damage on her!!

Nice quote:

"I was walking past the front of the bank and I noticed a Skyline sitting there and the broken window so I thought it must be a robbery," she said.

This is what they used in the bulletin about the WHOLE bank robbery story , looks like the Skyline got more attention!! Maybe the journo was a car enthusiast..

"the skyline , which was fitted with low profile tyres" LOL

Yeh 425ps and capable of over 250+klmh, also the fact that NO cop car would have half a chance at keeping up.. would have convinced me more.. but anywayz..

Maty

Lol..

Got to admit it is a nice looking clean car :)

I was reading the sunday mail, they had an article about the price of cars and polly's or something, it showed a $750 XE/XF Falcon that apparently had a V6 in it.. lol.

I've picked up so many blunders in news papers from reporters incorrectly describing what a car is or what motor it has.

Just because they had the car for 2 weeks doesnt mean they were driving it around,

But still kinda dumb to use a car that had been stolen for that long. Although the police couldnt give a fugg about a skyline being stolen..

Looks like a nice ride though.. Lucky to get it back at all, the robbers would have done better stripping the car and selling bits and peices of it, and being a lesser crime then performing an armed robbery... ****tards, hope their caught soon..

Its our local bank? I got the loan for the car from that branch?????

We just got the car back into our possession , apart from being totally covered in fingerprint dust , the car was in good nick , ive worked out how they stole it , and will consider writing a full detailed report so u can make YOUR OWN CAR safer... (maybe not for fear of publishing "how to steal a GTR") whats your thoughts?

I could make a fully detailed story including pics on everything they have done to steal the car , but this would be stupid , whats your thoughts?

I will get the vid up soon for ya's..

Thanks to Chris (W.A.S.P) and Wheeldon's Towing for looking after us!!!

Maty

ive worked out how they stole it , and will consider writing a full detailed report so u can make YOUR OWN CAR safer... (maybe not for fear of publishing "how to steal a GTR") whats your thoughts?

We need a members general discussion section.

I would be interested to know how they stole the car so I can make my 32 safer.