SAU Community

Mugabetown - Whoretownin' At It's Worst.

t5iv

Off to mothers day lunch. Much less crowded today!

How much power will you be wanting once you do the engine Pete?

Its all still up in the air, and its not urgent. 33 ones would probably be adequate though.

Other news, found a cool bit of road to cruise on Sat. Up near Peachester

Could be the one we took on the last north cruise, it is a good bit indeed

Off to mothers day lunch. Much less crowded today!

Its all still up in the air, and its not urgent. 33 ones would probably be adequate though.

If I were you I would keep the $700.

TBH.R33 GTR Brembos are not that much better than what you already have (I consider it a poor upgrade)

Get some new rotors, good pads and off you go.

Save that money and put it towards something else.

Like this for example

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/439361-genuine-nismo-brembo-f50-brake-kit/

I would of have killed for that ^

Cheap brakes are like cheap hookers... They might look ok, but they will bite you in the end :P

sounds like your speaking from experience Mike - how many times were you bitten :D

hmm, R33 bremos (front only)... 700 bucks, good price?

With the rotors he has thats a good price, I saw them and thought of you strait away

If I were you I would keep the $700.

TBH.R33 GTR Brembos are not that much better than what you already have (I consider it a poor upgrade)

In my experience that is not at all the case at all. Twice now I have upgraded to R33 Brembos from stock gear and twice the results have been good, the first time I had r32 GTR brakes on my R32 GTST and cooked them after 3 laps at Wakefield park, I swapped on my Brembos that night and ran all sessions all day with out getting fade once. In my current car I have never experienced any fading but I have not tracked it. Noel when he was at 450- 500hp also tracked r33 GTR Brembos with out an issue. I think as a mild bolt on upgrade to a R32 GTR or r33 GTST they are pretty damn good if you can get them for the right money.

With the rotors he has thats a good price, I saw them and thought of you strait away

In my experience that is not at all the case at all. Twice now I have upgraded to R33 Brembos from stock gear and twice the results have been good, the first time I had r32 GTR brakes on my R32 GTST and cooked them after 3 laps at Wakefield park, I swapped on my Brembos that night and ran all sessions all day with out getting fade once. In my current car I have never experienced any fading but I have not tracked it. Noel when he was at 450- 500hp also tracked r33 GTR Brembos with out an issue. I think as a mild bolt on upgrade to a R32 GTR or r33 GTST they are pretty damn good if you can get them for the right money.

I'm not saying they don't work, as they are indeed better than standard R32 GTR brakes (but only marginally) - I was merely stating that in comparison to paying $700, he could save most of that and just replace the pads and rotors i.e. Ferodo pads and RDA rotors ($228 all up) and see how it goes.

I just know that for any Skyline (especially Skyline GTR's) bigger brakes are always welcomed considering their weight.

I think a good set of pads and good rotors will work fine for occasional track days.

However, when you have a 350+rwk to go with the package, I know I like the idea of having something larger than R33 Brembos to stop me, and I presume will also help cut lap times down (not that I've ever done that)

Just my two cents thats all

The margainally part is what I am getting at. I wouldn't consider it marginal at all! Its about a 30% larger heat sink and a 40% larger brake pad. In an ideal world I would go for big ass brakes but for 700 bucks r33 brembos with more or less new rotors are very hard to beat

The margainally part is what I am getting at. I wouldn't consider it marginal at all! Its about a 30% larger heat sink and a 40% larger brake pad. In an ideal world I would go for big ass brakes but for 700 bucks r33 brembos with more or less new rotors are very hard to beat

Yeah, I understand what you mean.

I remember going in my old boss STI which had the big 4 pot Brembos and he stomped on them on purpose (cuz I told him to lol) and I was impressed.

So much so, that I actually purchased a set for cheap from an MY05 but never fitted them on (because new dog bones would have to be made up and the rear piston calipers diameter were in fact smaller than the standard R32 GTR)

But was cheap for everything especially back then!

Yeah any time you need dog bones made up you need to ask if it is all really worth it. That's when you go big straight up!

pretty much what I did man.

From standard 4 pot to AP six pot

Love it

I did...when's the grand opening? ;)

lol

I have another bottle of Glenfiddich Age of Discovery if you want to buy it of me :D

• Like 1

I'd love to but I need car parts first :P

priorities Mike priorities

I will have to make an SAU whisky nite

Just need to get rid of the kids

someone buy my kids!

priorities Mike priorities

I will have to make an SAU whisky nite

Just need to get rid of the kids

someone buy my kids!

Call Ash and Dave on the sunny coast, they want kids ;)