SAU Community

Airbag Light Not Turning On R33 Gtr

R33 0wnerrr

Hey guys,

Have searched a lot but mainly can only find how to turn an airbag light off not on!

My r33 air bag light wont turn on, factory airbag steering wheel, the bulb in the speedo cluster is fine and has been swapped for a good one to double check, all the circuits are good and all other speedo lights work except the airbag light, and now i can't get a warrant to make it street legal here without it turning on

Is could I so a scan on it to get an answer? Or any connections etc I could follow to see if there plugged in right? (Even though the light should be on if that was the case?)

Just looking for my ideas if possible, thanks!!

• 1 month later...

If its a standard car with standard ECU he can run the diagnostic and see if it throws any Airbag related codes. If not and the thing is fine, he can always trace the wire back or dodgy the wiring to get it to light up. Doesn't it light up momentarily though, on ignition?

Airbag will come on for about 1~2 seconds as it does its checks, it checks for resistance in the 2x front seat belt pretensions, 2x airbags and crash sensors. Then once it's all good the light turns off..

If it's not coming on, there's a fault there.. Remove your centre console, see if the module is even there.

Then I would work back from there.

Airbag will come on for about 1~2 seconds as it does its checks, it checks for resistance in the 2x front seat belt pretensions, 2x airbags and crash sensors. Then once it's all good the light turns off..

If it's not coming on, there's a fault there.. Remove your centre console, see if the module is even there.

Then I would work back from there.

Yup

Module next to the handbrake > swap it with someone else's > see if the light comes on momentarily as you turn the ignition on.