SAU Community

R34 Gtt Hid

Picture of the headlight please. There are two different headlight types. One with HID and one regular. The genuine HID units came with an adjustment switch in the cabin, have circular park light (looks like a golfball) and have the word XENON in the headlight housing.

Yes your car came with HID headlights from factory. Unfortunately, they are not ADR compliant and you'll have to convert to halogen or change your headlights to halogen to pass.

If you have factory HID, tough luck man, it sucks but that's the way Australia is. I would source a pair of halogen housings to pass it.

If you have halogen headlights and put a fully sick 6000K-10000K cheap HID kit in, you deserve the defect.

Is there some sort of conversion required to switch from factory Xenon to Halogen?

What about the factory Xenon booster thingy that sits behind the bulb?

My GTT still has the factory setup. I dont want to butcher it too much. I am after a plug & play swap over.

Or what if I get those projector headlight setups? If the HID is housed in the projector, will that be "legal"?

Is there some sort of conversion required to switch from factory Xenon to Halogen?

What about the factory Xenon booster thingy that sits behind the bulb?

My GTT still has the factory setup. I dont want to butcher it too much. I am after a plug & play swap over.

Or what if I get those projector headlight setups? If the HID is housed in the projector, will that be "legal"?

not sure if i'm misundersatnding you but by definition, the HID (in a projector headlight setup) is inside the glass bulb anyway - legality would be concerning the retrofit (not sure on the laws about this), rather than where the HID is (as that's a moot point)

The issue i think is to have HIDs in a car in aust they need to be self leveling and possibly have healight washers fitted to, something random like that. you can get them complied but it would never be worth it.

I have in my hand the compliance for a personally imported cars and it states that headlights need to have a dipping funticion. Doesn't say they need to be self aligning or cleaning or anything of the sort. That is for personally imported cars, which mine is.. Yay ;)

copper try to get me on my HID's ..mine were factory but he said they arent ADR!! ..i told him i can adjust the level on them inside the cabin ..

so then somehow he didn't write the HID on my defect issue notice .basically i got away with that one ..VIC Copper too

I will let you all know how I go. Unfortunatley for me I have to take it to the transport place at Burpengary and yestersday when I rang their office and tried to talk to an inspector to get some information I got hung up on..

YAY!