SAU Community

More Response

Barrellboy

Hi, my r32 (rb20) has a high flowed r33 turbo, front mount and a 3.5 inch cat back the actuator in the high flow is at 14psi.

I want a turbo that fully boosts by 2500 - 3000 ish and pulls harder than the high flow if I got it nistuned and bought a 3 inch full exhaust plus smaller turbo would that do it? Help me please or should I sell it and buy something else?

Edited by Barrellboy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the nistune will help you out no matter what you do with Turbo's

There's a series of supporting mods you haven't mentioned in your post. So I assume you only have what's mentioned.

Just buying a smaller Turbo won't help by itself.

When you say buy something else you talking a completely different car ?

By something else I mean a different car probably a wrx

A mate took me for a drive in his sr20 180sx and it pulled much harder than my 32 and was coming on boost soo early like 2600ish.. he had pon cams, tune, fmic, 3 inch exh and injectors. Can I get that low response with a 20 mine comes on at 4200 ish and pulls no where near as hard as his 180

usually if its just a run off the mill highflow it probably isn't specced up to be responsive.. personally im not much for bitsa turbos. Do you have any exhaust leaks? what condition is the motor? ie compression. Can you get your hands on a stocker rb25 turbo?

I don't know the compression but it generally feels like it runs well and came from a good family who imported it and didnt drive it too hard ( I know this) no exhaust leaks either. I could buy a stocker 25 turbo off gum tree but that wouldn't get me close to the response of the sr20 would it? The sr20 also has the stocker t25 turbo...

a tune helps infinitely. Particularly if you are willing to lean on it a bit and push the boost, esp with an electronic boost controller.

take it to Garage 101 for a nistune on the ecu and tune. I doubt you will be disappointed. Per4manz are also a damn good turbo shop so unless that turbo was highflowed for a different vehicle in mind from the technician (i.e. R33) you will be good to go hard on not much more budget...

P.S. to get a car that pulls hard and makes full boost under 3000rpm is pretty much a holy grail (unachievable essentially) and will take a very good condition motor with a very good turbo setup and associated mods ($$$).

In an RB20, yeah, pretty much impossible.

Edited by jjman

Would even worry bout a wrx, they are not even worth comparing, its like oranges and apples.

To get decent response witb rb20, get a electronic boot controller, a aftermarket ecu, nistune is good value for money, and budget and get a tune, the tuner can bring the boost on abit earlier with the electronic boost controller so that can help, and with the turbo situation go look for a hks 2530, can make up to 230-240 kw, with excellent response, or a hypergear or a highfliwed r33 with the op6 rear housing. Ive been through the whole situation before so if i were you id be going the hks 2530