SAU Community

Diagnostic Port Adapter - Display App

_thom_

Xp, I was given an old IBM lappy, bought a $20 battery for it and loaded just the Consult III and Fcon software for the car. It boots in no time and has the serial out I need for the fcon, to save running one of those damn usb/serial converters.

hmm OK I might do the same. even with a 2nd hand laptop it's a very cheap way to work with nissans.

Trav, that's right, it says no registered VI/MI. I have registered the serial number but it won't connect. It seems to have a Bluetooth connection in Win7 which creates 2 com ports (which I had to set to com3 and com4 for the virtual session). The virtual session has the 2 com ports mapped but the software won't recognise it. Alternatively I connect via USB, I think the issue there is the lack of a Win7 driver for the Consult because it is available in the virtual session under the USB menu, but again isn't recognised by the software.

This thread really isn't about connecting consults on Win7 so I'll start a new one if I get it sorted, if not I might just pick up an 2nd hand laptop....would be a shame because I've managed to get everything else (eg FAST) working through the virtual session or native on win 7 (datalogit etc)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lol haha yeah I nearly checked , ok I'll have a look there Google isn't being real help full and I'm trying to look for my manual with no success ,

Searches on Google often take some time, as threads are often hijacked & taken off-topic. :yes:

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

So more  specific software like Nissan consult and the required hardware is needed to even read info from the ecu on a 09 v36 3.7l huh? So my generic elm327 and torque app won't work? Mine doesn't work and google search leads me to believe this but thought I'd check to make sure in this old thread.