SAU Community

Removed Hicas

blkgts25t

i have a 1993 r33 gtst. since the hicas light came on my steering has become hard and i read here that taking out the hicas system and replacing it with a hicas elimination bar helps. so 2 weeks ago i did just that. I followed the guideline as it was posted on here but my steering is still hard and the hicas light is still on. anyone got any suggestions

R33 hicas is not mechanical, it's electrical - your getting the hicas is in limp mode, lets stiffen the steering wheel crap... If you have stock ecu try doing the HICAS diagnostics test - there should be a thread about it on this forums!

Ps: my car does it to, i got used to it, so over trying to fix it (I can't run diagnostics because I have a microtech ecu)

use search.

i believe there is a green cable on the hicas ecu that you snip. this disables hicas all together. yours is still enabled but locked. so will throw fault codes. diagnostics will not help you.

• Like 1

On a 32 its the green wire.

Under the parcel shelf theres a little box with wires, but i dunno about 33.

Sooo... Can I cut the green one yet! :devil:

Light still always on, completely been removed & lockbar fitted.

Edited by ZRBE

yep diagnostic didnt work so now i will look for the green wire. just to be sure it is the green wire for the r33

search mate this topic has been covered lots and lots of times. and recently as well.

• 1 month later...

Why search when you can ask a question then wait ages for someone to maybe respond?

so did this fix it? if you have fixed it, just let us know what it was. another site member is having the same issues.

Here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/428671-diy-stop-hicas-warning-light-without-bulb-removal/

no dodgy bulb removal bs

and there could be multiple reasons why your steering is heavy.. either HICAS ECU dead, fuse blow, steering rack sensor is fuarked, no power steering fluid etc..

Why search when you can ask a question then wait ages for someone to maybe respond?

well as u can read above I have a 1993 r33 gtst. after replacing hicas with a lock bar the light was on and my steering was heavy. checked everything but nothing worked. however after seeing the post by DIY MIK I snipped the green wire with a solid white line and now theres no light or heavy steering