SAU Community

Acura coming to Australia...

Well, according to drive.com.au, looks like Acura is headed to Australia... eventually. Don't know if that's a good thing or not, perhaps like the Americans we can be duped into thinking an Acura ain't a Honda and a Lexus ain't a Toyota, but anyway all you people who stuck those Acura badges on your Integras (and some on their Civics:P), you're dream may just come true;)

I wonder how FWD cars will sell in this bracket. BMW, Mercedes and Lexus - the 3 main ones afaik - are all RWD (except for the ES300, but that's their entry level one based on the Camry). I know if I was after a luxury car, there's no way in hell it'd be a Honda or an Acura.

the latest version of wheels magazine had an article about the possibility of nissan bringing infiniti to the asia pacific region including the JDM and austrralia. I know that its wrong to call a skyline anything but a skyline but i wouldnt be too upset to see infiniti g35's driving around in aus. If thats what it takes to get the skyline into aus as a new car again then i say bring it on!

I think every move nissan australia make is a retarded one, lets not go there.

Though I think we should all be greatful nissan australia did NOT deliver the skyline locally or we couldnt afford to be driving around in them :D

I'd also love to see Infinti G35s here. They look better than the V35 Skyline in Japan. The rims are bigger and nicer, the kit looks better and the badge is a really nice looking badge. I'd buy one in a second. I think they also get a bit more in the way of luxury items.

they are based on the skyline 350 gtp i think the pop up lcd sat nav screen looks pretty cool

the only drawback of course is that as pentae said they will probably be way too expensive compared to an import skyline. either way i would much rather see some more quality rwd autos on the road rather than more falcodoores. im sure the infiniti g35 would give the monaro a run for his money.

I'd also love to see Infinti G35s here. They look better than the V35 Skyline in Japan. The rims are bigger and nicer, the kit looks better and the badge is a really nice looking badge...
Whats thet you say? Rims are bigger, the kit is better, the G35 looks better than the V35???

Look again, they're almost identicle bar the badge:

v35.jpg

V35

g35.jpg

Maybe I saw a lower spec one when they first came out (remember the 3.5Ls weren't out at first). I'm pretty certain that the ones I saw did not look as good as that top one - which does look damn nice btw.

rezz when are you getting your skyline? what model are you getting?

rezz is there a series one and a series two model? i have seen two different sedans in pictures one with a small logo in the middle of the boot in what looks like a plastic sqaure on the bootlid with maybe a handle below it and then the cars with skyline in large letters across the boot.