SAU Community

Police In Australia - Skyline

Im planning on buying an imported skyline shortly, and i have no idea if this is true, but everyone says they are cop magnets. A car dealer i know said his son was continually pulled over, for doing nothing, and apparently was strip searched just becuase he was driving a skyline. Are the cops really that hard on skylines.

Thanks

Had 4x GTRs > never been pulled over for defect check > I dont have a loud exhaust > I don't hang out at Maccas > I don't go out at 'pumpkin' time > You've just brought me to my senses > I'm a recluse.

• Like 1

Well I was never pulled over in my sacked, loud as crap rust bucket KE70..

When I bought my skyline in December (Still on P's...) I thought I'd drive around until I got caught...

3 times in 1 week.. Ha

By the way, it is painted gold. Which I don't think helps :P

Edited by ZRBE

Im planning on buying an imported skyline shortly, and i have no idea if this is true, but everyone says they are cop magnets. A car dealer i know said his son was continually pulled over, for doing nothing, and apparently was strip searched just becuase he was driving a skyline. Are the cops really that hard on skylines.

Thanks

Only if you drive like a dick, or hang out with a bunch of them. Other scenario is your plates are noted by police. Other than that, cops don't really care as long as your car looks roadworthy and you don't drive like an idiot. Although it does differ depending on area, I've never been targeted by the police in my three Skylines (they look pretty standard though).

That Sucls.. I have been caught for speeding once when I first got my p's like 3 years ago now..

In a festiva :P

Never did anything wrong or stupid in the skyline and yeah.. :( haha

Edited by ZRBE

Never been pulled over in my Skyline or s15 when I had it.

Don't drive like a dick. Don't hellagay your car don't have a loud exhaust don't excessively lower your car and if you do get pulled don't come off as a fully sick kebab

• Like 1

I suppose..

The line was pretty low and loud, though I never went on gate... Unless I was in the sticks with no other traffic.

Funny story when I went to the suspension place to get it raised they were all like wtf are you serious.. Haha

Edited by ZRBE

Mate honestly it depends on your luck. Cops do tend to dislike skylines and their drivers but it really depends on the cop who spots you. If you dont give them a reason to pull you over they usually dont (but sometimes do). They cruise around in rubish holdens all day, maybe thats why they dislike the skyline, who knows. But yes, overall you are more likely to get pulled over in a skyline; an import in general

I had the GTR on my P's. I'm yet to get pulled over i it. it's all about how you behave. However you ARE more likely to get pulled over than say a yaris. or a micra.

Never been pulled over in my Skyline or s15 when I had it.

Don't drive like a dick. Don't hellagay your car don't have a loud exhaust don't excessively lower your car and if you do get pulled don't come off as a fully sick kebab

This.

Keep the car clean, keep it relatively stock looking, and don't drive like you're trying to show off.

I've never been pulled over and have always been waved through at RBTs.

I'm 23 and look pretty young, have had mine for about a year now and haven't been pulled over. I think you'll find most people who get pulled over, get pulled over for a reason. For example a clean, respectable looking import with a law-abiding driver inside is less likely to be targeted than a shitty old Magna blowing out blue smoke with a drunk bogan behind the wheel.

All depends if you get a c**t of a cop. I was pulled over a 2 weeks ago by a highway patrol defecting me for three things. He claimed my exhaust was too low, pod filter was not 'properly' covered and my battery holder which was my bad. I asked the cop nicely if he had a ground clearance measuring instrument and he denied. Mind you my exhaust muffler sits at least 130mm off the ground. Police have the power to defect you under reasonable suspicion like ride height.

Yeah depends on cop.. that said ibgot pulled over 3 times in one week in my 34.. but that was slammed and running about -6 degrees of camber at the back lol. Asking for it