SAU Community

2013 Sau Qld Charity Cruise - 08/12

t5iv

All 350z and 370z should be eligable as they are nissans with VQ engines :)

Is this a Skyline cruise for charity or a VQ cruise for charity?

There is a shot load of cars that qualify under the Nissan and VQ rule...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan engine

In the past it's always been about Skylines with a few exceptions to allow GTR (r35) and other Nissan with the RB engine or RB transplant, but allowing the VQ and Nissan could make this just a Nissan cruise for charity...

Can the exec please review the rules and maybe raise it at a meeting?

Where exactly is the difference? The RB rule allowed for a lot of modified Nissan's (RB Powered S chassis and Datsun's for example) as well as other models of Nissan (Laurel, Cefiro, Stagea) to attend. The current V36 Skyline uses a VQ engine, as does the current M35 Stagea, As do the A32 and A33 Cefiro's, the Y33 Leopard (and we've allowed the Y31 along for a few years...) and the J31 Teana (the new name for the Laurel) and so on. It seems odd that you were ok with these exceptions for older RB powered cars but not for newer cars that share the current Skyline powerplant. We either had to make a long ass list of cars that were allowed or make one small rule change to accommodate the changing face of Nissan. Yes this opens the cruise up to more cars, but do you really want to turn away people if they are willing to attend, be well behaved and donate to charity?

Or to flip it around, if the RB had been used in as many cars as the VQ currently is, would you have a problem with making exceptions for all of those cars as well?

Yep, this is Skylines Australia not commodore, zed, Silvia, Volo, prius Australia forum.. If I wanted to go on a cruise or be in a club with a billion different makes and models I would go to them clubs...

• Like 1

As an owner of a Stagea that turned up last year for the SCC I just want to chime in and say this was an excellent event for my introduction to the club.

If the rules were revised back to a more restricted list of Skylines only it would greatly reduce the number of people that turn up to help the charity organisations.

Is there a reason we want to be more selective of who can attend ? I agree with Wookster, Surely as a Charity run, we want as many people to participate as we can..

If someone wanted to come along in an ADM Infiniti G37, would you reject them?

Or an M35 Stagea?

Stop being a smartass Tony, i'm simply asking for the exce team to rethink the rules and putting my thoughts forward. My thought is to keep it Skylines only or as close to skyline blood only. We are not the only group that does charity cruises in QLD so why follow the sheep...

With other people chiming in about how nice it was to join maybe even remove the rules? i'm just putting my opinion forward like they are.

As i said above Can the exec please review the rules and maybe raise it at a meeting?

As i said above Can the exec please review the rules and maybe raise it at a meeting?

There is a meeting this Wednesday that anyone can attend and put forwards their suggestions, why don't you turn upto it and put this forward since you feel so strongly about it?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/433940-sau-qld-november-club-meeting-wednesday-6th-of-november/

Stop being a smartass Tony, i'm simply asking for the exce team to rethink the rules and putting my thoughts forward. My thought is to keep it Skylines only or as close to skyline blood only. We are not the only group that does charity cruises in QLD so why follow the sheep...

With other people chiming in about how nice it was to join maybe even remove the rules? i'm just putting my opinion forward like they are.

Mate, was just asking the same questions that were asked at the exec meeting where this was decided.

It was a much debated topic amongst the execs with the concesus being that we should open it up. This would allow Nissan's newer Skyline bretheren in without much fuss and by this I'm talking about the G37 and M35 which wouldn't otherwise fit in the 2/3 rule.

Being for charity, if we have a few extra cars join and help the cause, isn't that an overall win?