SAU Community

M35 Headlights Interchangable?

walkoau

just curious to see if anyone know if the M35 series 2 headlights will fit in the series 1?

has anyone tried this?

im thinking of getting a set from the later m35 and mod the internals such as put different projector, halos and demon eyes in (and maybe audi style LEDS) and installing them into my 02 model.

Thanks for your input.

Justin

Anyone here know the easiest way about the headlight conversion to right-hand traffic on a M35?

There really is no easy way as such. I opened the original headlight, cut a bigger hole to reflector and installed Hella Bi-Halogen projector to the remains of reflector and painted it black. There is enough space in back of original headlight unit that height level adjustment (which is mandatory here in Finland) still works with no issues. I'm quite happy with the result!

post-113843-0-23141600-1381148742_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ooo nice work :) Do you wanna make 2 other?? :)

There really is no easy way as such. I opened the original headlight, cut a bigger hole to reflector and installed Hella Bi-Halogen projector to the remains of reflector and painted it black. There is enough space in back of original headlight unit that height level adjustment (which is mandatory here in Finland) still works with no issues. I'm quite happy with the result!

Alex putting series two on a series one wont fit. Putting series one on a series two will fit with a gap like you said.

The series two are slightly bigger so you will need to change bonnet, bumper and grill.

You might want to eat them words Mark. It has been done on a Pascal Metallic gay blue one in Victoria....that car is dead now.

Parts needed: Front Guards, Front Bar, Front Bonnet, Front Grill and of coarse the headlights.

You might want to eat them words Mark. It has been done on a Pascal Metallic gay blue one in Victoria....that car is dead now.

Parts needed: Front Guards, Front Bar, Front Bonnet, Front Grill and of coarse the headlights.

Front guards were not changed

Nokonzok.... Very nice conversion. Just one question, can you see the original globe holes in the reflector after the projector is fitted?

I'm thinking of doing something similar as it would cost too much to change to series2 hlights especially with all the extra panels required.

Thanks

Justin.

I know this is a probably a bad suggestion, but what about a G35 front end from the states?

Probably cheaper than series 2 stagea. But lets face it, won't have the sexytime appeal that come with the series 2 stagea.

G35= ugly!

Yahoo auctions japan= easy to get but with freight and dealer commission ect.... Ends up being way expensive for the panels.

Ah sorry, I didn't realise the thread was off track.

Was referring to 'atenza', as he mentioned RHD lights. My thought process was, if yo ganna change front end, may aswell get lights that are already for RHD market.